Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What helps produce more milk???

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM
  • 13 Replies
I want to increase my milk supply any advice? Thank you!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piwife
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM
May I ask why? R u building a freezer stash? Or are you worried about supply. Best way is to nurse nurse nurse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbears
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM
My little one is 4 months, and I've noticed that I seem to produce more when I make an effort to stay hydrated. Lots and lots of water :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Nursing more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ParanormalSarah
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Drink as much water, eat as much food as you can. The more nutriets and fluids you can intake, the better. I also tried dark guinness beer (after feeding of course) and also the "Mother's Milk Tea" and found the beer helped a lot with milk production.  I also recommend feeding as much as you can and doing warm massage in the shower/bath to make sure the ducts are clear and the boobs are healthy.

christier
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM

a girl i use to work with produced so much that she donated hers

i emailed and asked how and she said she pumped after every time she nursed

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Why do you think you need a supply boost? Many moms think they have a lower supply at 3-4 months when it is actually plenty. Hormonal changes causes the breasts to feel soft and "empty".
blg5484
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM

oatmeal and oatmeal cookies work for me

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM

If you're changing sufficient dipes, then nothing will make a difference because supply is perfect. You can't improve upon perfection. 

We can be more helpful if you let us know why you think you need a boost. And please see our Resources sticky. Loads of info there.

Gorton16
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:56 AM
I was pumping an just got a little over an oz when my daughter drinks like 2 oz ... But it may be my pump bc when she's feeding she acts like she's full, and my older sister told me that she was bf her daughter who's 3 1/2 months old, and the next mourning her milk was compleatly dried up.. I don't want that to happen
mama02040608
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:47 AM
Pump output does not equal supply. Some women don't respond well to a pump, and as you .mentioned, not all pumps are created equal. If your baby acts satisfied after feeding at the breast and you are seeing sufficient diaper changes daily (6-8), your supply is plenty.

It is extraordinarily rare to just dry up overnight. Usually there is a reason for it, like using hormonal BC. Most of the time it is misperception.

Quoting Gorton16:

I was pumping an just got a little over an oz when my daughter drinks like 2 oz ... But it may be my pump bc when she's feeding she acts like she's full, and my older sister told me that she was bf her daughter who's 3 1/2 months old, and the next mourning her milk was compleatly dried up.. I don't want that to happen

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)