Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Is this normal?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM
  • 10 Replies

My dd has completly stopped nursing, and I'm currently 12.5 weeks preggo. I'm pretty sure she weaned herself due to the pregnancy, perhaps the milk tasted different. IDK But anyway the last time I nursed her was about 3 weeks ago, and I never had any soreness until now. My nips are very tender, can barely be touched, I have soreness up by my armpits, one side is still producing milk, the other side is only producing a clear liquid. But after 3 weeks of feeling no soreness, no fullness, no engorgement, is this normal to all of a sudden feel like this?

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XMaybebabyX
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

???

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM
When my kids gradually weaned then quit I didn't have the pain and lumpiness until weeks later. I always thought at first "hey, this isn't so bad. No big deal" and THEN it hit me 2 weeks later. Ibuprofen helps with pain and swelling. I might have used some crinkled cabbage leaves. But it didn't last long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XMaybebabyX
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Oh ok, so maybe this is normal then! Lol, that's what I was saying...Oh, this is nothing! Well,  I hope it doens't last long.....I stay away from all pain meds when preggo...so I'll try the cabbage if it gets worse.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

When my kids gradually weaned then quit I didn't have the pain and lumpiness until weeks later. I always thought at first "hey, this isn't so bad. No big deal" and THEN it hit me 2 weeks later. Ibuprofen helps with pain and swelling. I might have used some crinkled cabbage leaves. But it didn't last long.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, yeah, ibuprofen isn't great while pregnant. Don't do that! Ice packs, cabbage leaves, hand express if necessary for some relief. Keep an eye out for the development of clogs, mastitis, etc. I never had it get to that but be mindful of it.

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

Oh ok, so maybe this is normal then! Lol, that's what I was saying...Oh, this is nothing! Well,  I hope it doens't last long.....I stay away from all pain meds when preggo...so I'll try the cabbage if it gets worse.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM
It happened like that for me 3 babies already so it's at the very least, *my* normal. And I super tapered off and still had the late-onset lumpiness and pain.

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XMaybebabyX
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Good to know! Thank you so much! I never have had mastisis or clogged duct....is that obvious if it happens??? Is there  a way to prevent that?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

It happened like that for me 3 babies already so it's at the very least, *my* normal. And I super tapered off and still had the late-onset lumpiness and pain.

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM
I'm mobile and can't easily find the link but there is a great chart comparing clogged ducts and mastitis. Anyone out there got that? Think it's from kellymom.com. With mastitis you'd feel like you're dying from the flu.

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

Good to know! Thank you so much! I never have had mastisis or clogged duct....is that obvious if it happens??? Is there  a way to prevent that?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Stacy gave you fantastic information.. so I will only add "feel better!"  :o) 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
   babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Here is the link I was looking for, about clogged ducts and mastitis: what causes it and how to prevent it. The fact that you're pregnant means your body was likely drying up on you and hopefully you won't have too much trouble getting over this hump. 

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

XMaybebabyX
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Thank you for the info!!! It's about the same so far today, at least it's not worse! lol

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Here is the link I was looking for, about clogged ducts and mastitis: what causes it and how to prevent it. The fact that you're pregnant means your body was likely drying up on you and hopefully you won't have too much trouble getting over this hump. 

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting XMaybebabyX:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)