Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Feeding while wearing?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM
  • 26 Replies

How do you nurse while wearing your child?  

I plan to babywear and would like to know how to feed him without taking him out of the wrap/sling.  Thanks!!!!

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I have worn LOs in several different styles of carriers. While I know it can be done in all/most I have only been successful in our Ergo. I would probably do good in a Mei tie too! There are some videos on YouTube that might help. Some one with more experience will chime in I'm sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jocelynred
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

last summer i had some luck nursing in my evenflo hip hammock. it was the only one that worked for me with large breasts. i had to slid her around to the front a bit but, she sits sort of off to the side so i think it helped her not be so tight to my body. you just have to experiment and go with whatever works for you. there's no right or wrong answer really.

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:39 PM
DS practically lived in my maya ring sling from 3 months (when I got it) to about 7 months old (when he started to prefer the ergo). I can't nurse in my ergo but I could easily nurse in my ring sling. I'll post a pic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Collin nursing at Costco around 4 months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:35 AM
I nursed in the mei tai from 6 months (when I got it) until he wasn't comfortable in it anymore at about 2 1/2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:50 AM
I tried but with no luck /: I know its easier if your chest is smaller
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissSarah04
by Sarah on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't have any pics but we have nursed in Moby, gauze wrap, and ergo.

If LaughterHugs sees this she will post her amazing stash of pics. They inspired me to babywear more and trying nursing in a carrier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Thanks ladies!  This will definitely help while I'm out and about or even at home with the babysitting kids.  I have a Moby Wrap, Ring Sling, Peanut Shell, and Mei Tai.  Guess this will be something I will need to 'experiment' with before going out........... :D  Super excited!!!!

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I nursed in hug hold in my moby, tummy to tummy (or on my hip when he was older) in my pouch sling, and tummy to tummy in my mei tai--all pretty easy once you get used to it. :)

melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:49 AM
2 moms liked this
I've nursed in a woven wrap, mei tai, boba, ring sling.
Practice practice practice.
Laughterhugs has great pics. She was by far my biggest inspiration to babywear while bf
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)