Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

loved breastfeeding but not sure i can do it with a one year old and newborn..

Posted by   + Show Post

ok so here is my story. i breastfed my son til he was 3 1/2 months old. i loved it. i loved the bond it gave me with him, and it felt so natural. my only problem with it was that he wanted to be on me 24/7. i couldn't sleep because when i took him of the boob he would wake up and cry til i put him back on. when he was around 3 1/2 months old i realized that he wasn't getting enough food, so we switched him to formula. i cryed for days i felt like i failed him. anyways around the time i stopped breastfeeding i got pregnant again. im really want to breastfeed the next one when he/she is born, but i am worried for a few reasons

1. i wouldnt be able to handle breastfeeding and a 1 year old. as in will it take time away from my first?

2. this next baby will be like my first and want to be on me at all times, night and day.

3. what if the same thing happens with my first and i stop producing around 3 1/2 months.

breastfeeding is something special to me. it does not bother me to do it in public. also i should tell you that i tried pumping with my first and no luck, i couldn't get anything out with manual or electric. only by hand expressing. any advice is welcome, and if you have breastfeed a newborn, and took care of sibling (close in age) please let me know how that turned out for you.

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Replies (51-53):
luvbeingamuma
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM
I have a 4 week old, a 14 month old, and a five year old. Its tough but its going a lot easier than I thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Well my dd will still be 2 when this next baby comes and she still nurses once or twice every couple of days! I've heard from previous moms that if you buy a wrap or a sling you can nurse your newborn & still be able to do things with your toddler like read a book with them sit with them & play, color whatever.. That way baby is getting the nutrients it needs & your first child is getting pretty much one on one time will baby eats! :)! I'm definitely buying one maybe it will help cause my dd is a HUGE mommys girl. She doesn't like anyone else having my attention
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM

My oldest is eighteen months. My newest is nineteeen days old. DH went back to work when DS2 was eight days old, so it is just the boys and me (and the dogs!). We are doing just fine. I made a Moby wrap and wear DS2 a lot, to get things done around the house. He is not ready to nurse in the wrap, yet, because he cannot support his head. I do sit down to nurse with a Boppy pillow, but have a bunch of board books to read with DS1 while I do, if he wants attention. He is old enough, now that he will often entertain himself while we nurse. 

Oh, to make a Moby wrap, just go to the fabric store and buy six yards (yes, yards) of jersey knit fabric. Then, you can cut it in half long way and it will make two wraps! : ) Here is a youtube video on how to tie it. : ) Hope that helps! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhBmqw7npYU

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)