Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

6 month old keeps biting! Ouch! Help

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:52 AM
  • 8 Replies
I know that he is teething (already has his bottom 2 teeth), but he has bit me 4 times today and its not even 10 am. He was getting sleepy, and wanted to nurse, right as soon as he latched on...he bit. I sternly told him "NO!" (he smiled) and I pulled my tank back up, he got fussy again, so I tried again and he bit AGAIN. This time, I have him in his bed for a minute...hopefully he forgets!

My daughter didn't bite until she was 10 months old, it hurt so bad that I weaned her off by 11 months (she got formula shortly after the incident).....and I don't want to do this with Declan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momof3inTN
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Bump! I have a 5 month old who keeps doing this to me.

cabsmom10
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:34 AM
I ended up just swaddling him, and he fell asleep. I'm nervous when he wakes up and wants to nurse. He thinks it's funny when I say No! Ahhhh

Quoting momof3inTN:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Avetay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I say ouch in a kinda loud voice then tell her no. The 2nd time she does it I pull my tank back up for a min or two. Try nursing again. 3rd time I stop nursing for Atkeast 5-10 mins then start over. My dd is 5 months old

Quoting cabsmom10:

I ended up just swaddling him, and he fell asleep. I'm nervous when he wakes up and wants to nurse. He thinks it's funny when I say No! Ahhhh

Quoting momof3inTN:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I would wait longer than a minute. He needs a time out period to fully grasp that you are taking away the boob when he bites.

momof3inTN
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Exactly! I get the same thing. If I say "No!" he just grins up at me and lets out a giggle.

I never had to worry about teeth before, my other children didn't get their first tooth until after they were a year old.

Quoting cabsmom10:

Quoting momof3inTN:

momof3inTN
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Thanks! I'll try that when he wake from his nap. :-)

Quoting Avetay:

I say ouch in a kinda loud voice then tell her no. The 2nd time she does it I pull my tank back up for a min or two. Try nursing again. 3rd time I stop nursing for Atkeast 5-10 mins then start over. My dd is 5 months old

Quoting cabsmom10:

Quoting momof3inTN:

cabsmom10
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Thanks, the only problem I have waiting is, sometimes if I wait, he'll miss my letdown...and that will make him mad!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skeeterbug1224
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN