Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Is it true that when you BF...

Posted by   + Show Post
You tummy stores a little extra fat and it goes away when you are no longer nursing?? I am smaller than I was but my tummy still has a small pooch. I do sit up and stuff but it won't go away! This is my second baby and he's 7 months old. I am a size five but the little pooch :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
silka08
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Ive heard of some women hanging onto a few lbs while nursing. Bfing does burn calories but I do think it can affect diff womens metabolisms differently
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktinaza
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Yeah its only a couple pounds so I hope so! Thank you for the hope.

Quoting silka08:

Ive heard of some women hanging onto a few lbs while nursing. Bfing does burn calories but I do think it can affect diff womens metabolisms differently
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cartersmom101
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM
I gained seven lbs after I quit nursing my son. I now have a four month old baby girl and am back down to my original pre baby number one weight. When she weans I will have to watch the calories!
TMWmommy
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I'm the same way. I lost quickly while nursing but the weight came creeping back as she started eating more food and nursing less.

Quoting Cartersmom101:

I gained seven lbs after I quit nursing my son. I now have a four month old baby girl and am back down to my original pre baby number one weight. When she weans I will have to watch the calories!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:16 AM

The pooch is the product of having had two babies. It may well be with you forever. It may go aaway.

The sexiest woman on earth had a pooch. I wouldn't worry about it.

fortressmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Quoting wyotechangel:

do not listen to this if you do you will never get your body back! sit ups dont just cut it you need to do running get your heart rate up to your needed level mine is 138 for fat burning to keep my bady in shape. after you get your heart rate there keep it there for about 15-20 mins do a cool down for 10 mins then crunches sit ups planks just fat burn if you just do sit ups you wont burn anything but lunch if you are lucky, you dont have to have a pooch before 50 but it takes work! its not easy but please dont give up bad body image is the worst thing you can do to your self and your relationship! the women who say the pooch is forever have giving up on thier sexuality dont be their victem!

Quoting fortressmom:

I'm not sure there's really much you can do to get the pooch to go away.  Your belly just stretches to house your babes for 9 months and sometimes it stays that way:)  I have a tremendously good looking baby pooch and can't imagine what it will look like after baby 4 arrives!

Wow!!  I certainly haven't given up on my sexuality on any level and I don't have bad self esteem either!  it's a little presumptive of you to make this comment without knowing me personally.  Women's bodies do change after having kids, they're meant to change.  There's nothing wrong with it:)  I'm not making anyone a "victim" of anything, just wanting them to be aware that sometimes it's not going to go back to original form.

ty355172
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Sometimes you hold in to a little extra .... i lost a few pounds quickly after i weaned. Generally, you burn more calories while nursing though. The pouch is probably just loose skin from ur pregnancies...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktinaza
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Its like firm fat ...just a little but its not really loose skin. But it wont go away :-(

Quoting ty355172:

Sometimes you hold in to a little extra .... i lost a few pounds quickly after i weaned. Generally, you burn more calories while nursing though. The pouch is probably just loose skin from ur pregnancies...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncbirdie
by Robyn on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I kinda take offense to that.  First of all, what is your definition of "bad body image"?  For crying out loud, the woman is talking about a pooch!  A pooch can be considered feminizing and sexy; it has a softening effect on a woman's body.  Second, while I agree that letting one's self go can damage a relationship, the OP has obviously not let herself go; she's working hard to achieve the body she wants.  Third, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and life all cause permanant change on a woman's body.  For some women the change is insignificant, but for others the change is drastic and life long.  For a woman to accept that and love herself anyway is a wonderful thing and likely to make her happier than trying to kill herself to achieve a look that her body isn't built for anymore.
Quoting wyotechangel:

do not listen to this if you do you will never get your body back! sit ups dont just cut it you need to do running get your heart rate up to your needed level mine is 138 for fat burning to keep my bady in shape. after you get your heart rate there keep it there for about 15-20 mins do a cool down for 10 mins then crunches sit ups planks just fat burn if you just do sit ups you wont burn anything but lunch if you are lucky, you dont have to have a pooch before 50 but it takes work! its not easy but please dont give up bad body image is the worst thing you can do to your self and your relationship! the women who say the pooch is forever have giving up on thier sexuality dont be their victem!

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I lost 20 lbs in 2 months after I weaned dd1. I've been consecutively nursing My next 3 kids so I haven't had the opportunity to see if it will happen again. I hope so!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN