Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

any way to make my nine month old take a bottle or sippy???

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM
  • 14 Replies
I need her to badly right now. She is still ebfing, she isn't able to eat solids yet due to tummy issues. She has always refused to take anything but the tap, even syringe feedings were a no go. I've tried every cup and bottle. Tried having someone else feed her while I wasn't there, I've done all I can think to do!!!! I need her OFF my boob for a while. Its like super emergency.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:46 AM
No way to force her. You can offer. Some will take it right away others wont for a while.
What's the emergency?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM

All you can do is hand her off, go do what you need to. Expect she'll refuse. There's no way to get an infant to do something they don't want to, you can only offer.

mitty18
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I'm embarrassed to say...

Quoting melindabelcher:

No way to force her. You can offer. Some will take it right away others wont for a while.

What's the emergency?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Lolz. No problem.
We just often have ppl misinformed from drs saying they have to wean or pump and dump etc just making sure. :)

Quoting mitty18:

Quoting melindabelcher:

What's the emergency?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitty18
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:46 PM
No no nothing like that. Something bad happened Saturday and it has my ptsd going hay wire. Her nursing is causing flashbacks and crap. Idk why it is, I guess just where it happens to be a trigger point for me :( I really just need some space and a break from it so I can avoid the issues its causing.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Lolz. No problem.

We just often have ppl misinformed from drs saying they have to wean or pump and dump etc just making sure. :)

Quoting mitty18:

Quoting melindabelcher:

What's the emergency?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Just hand off baby and sippy. baby likely won't take it while your around. your going to need to pump every 2-3hrs, to keep supply and avoid mastitis.

Quoting mitty18:

No no nothing like that. Something bad happened Saturday and it has my ptsd going hay wire. Her nursing is causing flashbacks and crap. Idk why it is, I guess just where it happens to be a trigger point for me :( I really just need some space and a break from it so I can avoid the issues its causing.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Lolz. No problem.

Quoting mitty18:

Quoting melindabelcher:

What's the emergency?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitty18
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Yea, done attempted that. She will have none of it. I guess I will just have to deal. Girl likes her neenees

Quoting melindabelcher:

Just hand off baby and sippy. baby likely won't take it while your around. your going to need to pump every 2-3hrs, to keep supply and avoid mastitis.

Quoting mitty18:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Lolz. No problem.

Quoting mitty18:

Quoting melindabelcher:

What's the emergency?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM
At least get away for acouple hrs.

Quoting mitty18:

Yea, done attempted that. She will have none of it. I guess I will just have to deal. Girl likes her neenees

Quoting melindabelcher:

Quoting mitty18:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Lolz. No problem.

Quoting mitty18:

Quoting melindabelcher:

What's the emergency?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Time for mom to stage a short escape, then. Often the problem is merely mom being around. If she's really really hungry she'll take what's offered.

mitty18
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Yea I will tonight after she is down for the count. I just really wish I didn't have to feed her and I know that sounds awful and mean but I cry every single time and I hate the way its making me feel. I love bfing her, I really hope these issues pass quickly before any long term damage ks done to our nursing relationship. I know she can sense something is wrong because she is acting like she is stressed.

Quoting melindabelcher:

At least get away for acouple hrs.

Quoting mitty18:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Quoting mitty18:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Lolz. No problem.

Quoting mitty18:

Quoting melindabelcher:

What's the emergency?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN