Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Reviews for the paraguard and mirena needed!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
I am on the mini pill now and i have found out that its not so easy to remember a pill like it was before kids. So my Dr office has advised me of these 2 for other options because i do not want to take the depo. But as i read reviews i am getting a lil concerned about the options i have left. And using condoms all the time seem to be affecting our sex life (or lack of i should say).

So any experience you would like to share would be greatly appreciated. And thank you for sharing!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Replies (31-34):
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Paragard here, over a year now. Cycles came back between ten months and a year (extended bfing) and have been regular (first time ever!) and not too heavy, cramping the first day or so is moderate, then nothing really noticeable after that. Hormonal bc does not agree with me, mini pill made me feel crazy, and prior to that dual hormone bc made my cycle so heavy in a three month period I went from a max of five day period with light flow to seven days, moderate to heavy with bad cramps....yeah no hormones ever again for me. I like the Paragard, you definitely want to discuss your options in detail with your dr and spouse before deciding.
ZelenyA
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 7:22 AM
I hated the paraguard, it caused excessive bleeding, unbearable cramps, super long periods. The Mirena was fantastic! Light bleeding, hardly any cramps, easy easy easy!
milmil06
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Ive had my mirena since June of last year and I love it I've never had any issues with it and I can't forget to take it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMslady
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I have had mirena twice now. The first time I loved it and thought it was absolutely amazing. However this time I have been going crazy because it seems to be mimicking pregnancy symptoms! I'm talking tired mood swings cravings heartburn smell nausea pretty much everything I had during both pregnancies. If I knew it would be like this I never would have done it again!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN