Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

6 month old punching himself while nursing...

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 10:17 PM
  • 4 Replies
My son is ebf and about 6 months old. Recently he has started punching very hard when he's nursing. Sometimes he punches my breast but seems to prefer punching himself in the head (around his eyebrow).
Have you experienced anything like this? Should I be concerned??
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RadnRem
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM
With my older sons, they went through stages of hitting themselves or banging their head on things. I would just grab their hand/head and tell them "No...be nice to Ethan/Tristan". "Be soft".
With consistancy it did the job and they stopped. I wouldn't be concerned......almost every kid I've known has done something similar at some point.

You could implement nursing manners in this case since he does it specifically while nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess__C
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Pretty sure it's normal. My daughter kinda slaps, squeezes and pulls her hair but not in an angry way. Just feels interesting i imagine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aniters
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:25 AM

my son is also ebf and is 7 months. he likes to pull his hair which makes me super nervous because i would imagine it hurts. so i let him pull my hair -.- if i grab his hands he will stop eating and cry.

07lilmama1108
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Micah is 6 months and punches me! He normally just punches my boob, or tries to grab my eye, tongue and nose but every now and then he hits himself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)