Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Leaving baby

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, last resort, I can keep him with me, so it's not exactly all or nothing, here.  But here's the situation.  My 3 month old has never had a bottle.  He JUST discovered that he likes MAM pacis, but I'm not spending $15 for a 3 pack when he'll need a bottle ONCE.  And "need" is subjective.

Tuesday my son has Speech Therapy (the oldest one) and I have a dentist appointment (cleaning and exam) at the same time.  It takes around 30 minutes to an hour to get to ST and then the same amount to get back home, ST lasts for 50 minutes.  My dh is taking the kids to ST while I go to the dentist.  I'm supposed to drive dh's car.  I REALLY don't want to put the baby in the car with me because the muffler needs MAJOR work and I'm honestly afraid for his hearing.  (Maybe an hour all told in the car, so I'm probably making much ado about nothing.)  And then there's the whole "where will I put the baby while I have my cleaning?" question.  And frankly, I'd like some time to myself for a couple of hours.

So - 3 hours max and a baby who MIGHT be starved at the end of it.  I figure I can easily pump 2 or 3 ounces, no biggie.  And if all he does is play with the bottle, who cares, right?  But will dh survive if the baby cries the whole time?  What would you do?

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Pump and give a sippy cup. The nuk ones are pretty good.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I agree. Pump and cup. And yes, dad will survive. They all do.

ShadowLark
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Yay! I might even have one somewhere around here. Cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Leave the baby. He's not going to let himself starve, you know that :-)

(I wouldn't be surprised if the dentist refused to treat you with an unattended infant along)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)