Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Cutest Baby Ever!! *Warning Boobs. And Nursing.*

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I'm nursing my son, he'll be 3 months old tomorrow. And he fell asleep while nursing- happens all the time. So he's sleep nursing, and starts dreaming. His eyes start moving under his eyelids, and he's squinching them up. And then he starts talking into my boob as he nurses and sleeps! I tried to grab my camera to video it, but of course I got it turned on and he stopped right away. I did get a little bit on video a few minutes ago, but I think the dream turned bad, because it's more like whimpers. And now he's smiling in his sleep. strange child.

This is about a month and a half ago, when he still fit newborn clothes.

About a month ago, cuddling with Daddy after he finished nursing, just a wee bit milk drunk.

My most recent nursing pic, about a week and a half ago. My boobie monster<3

He is the absolute cutest!!

We've had our issues with nursing. He wouldn't latch or suck at first. Lost a whole pound and had no diapers for a day (and too few for a week). 6 weeks of a horrible painful latch. OAL and oversupply.Three week, and six week growth spurts. And I suspect a lip tie in his top lip.

BUT now he nurses great! No pain, empties a boob in 5 minutes. I still choke him with my OAL (which only seems to be in one side...) but because of my oversupply he only needs one side each time he eats lol (but yes, I offer the other when he wants more). We're begining his 3 month growth spurt (he'll be 3 months tomorrow, my how time flies!!) And he's a little chunkamunk now!

I need to take a better picture of his chunky rolls!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justone_jen
by Jen on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:21 PM
He's adorable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NowImAMom...
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Thank youuu!!

Quoting justone_jen:

He's adorable!

CafeMom Tickers
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM
He's a cutie. Three months is a rewarding time, finally those happy smiles and you know it's all worth the hard work. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NowImAMom...
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Oh yes! And it's so amazing to know that his food is made by me, it hardly seems possible, but I'm the reason he's growing... It's unbelievable.

ETA: And thank you[=

Quoting mostlymaydays:

He's a cutie. Three months is a rewarding time, finally those happy smiles and you know it's all worth the hard work. :-)

CafeMom Tickers
kathislove80
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Adorable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Summersweety30
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM

So happy he's doing well! Yay! I know how you feel! :-) DD is 4 months and I have OAL, had thrush, bad latch, mastitis 3 times. Milk finally regulated at 3 months and its been smooth sailing since. *knocks on wood*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allebas
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Awesome pictures! I remember when my DD was a newborn. She was only 5 pounds 5 ounces at birth. She went in to be weighed, and she had lost some weight. (I don't remember what she went down to). Her Pediatrician told me if she didn't start gaining weight in 4 days, I would have to supplement with formula! I was like NO WAY!! I did NOT want her to ever taste formula! So---I bf'd her CONSTANTLY for the next 4 days. On the 4th day, we went back in for another weigh-in. She gained 9 OUNCES in 4 days!!! The Dr. was very shocked at how much she had gained so quickly, and told me I did not need to supplement. I am so proud of the fact that my youngest DS and my DD never tasted one bit of formula ever!

NowImAMom...
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Wow, that seems like a difficult journey so far!! I'm glad you've worked it out and things are going better now though. Look at those rolls!! Absolutely adorable!!

Quoting Summersweety30:

So happy he's doing well! Yay! I know how you feel! :-) DD is 4 months and I have OAL, had thrush, bad latch, mastitis 3 times. Milk finally regulated at 3 months and its been smooth sailing since. *knocks on wood*

CafeMom Tickers
NowImAMom...
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Oh wow that is certainly some potent Mommy Milk!! I'm glad you didn't ever have to give your children formula[=

I'm excited for Gabe's 4 month doctor's appointment next month, because I think his doctor is going to be surprised at how big he's gotten because his weight gain just keeps speeding up lol

Quoting Allebas:

Awesome pictures! I remember when my DD was a newborn. She was only 5 pounds 5 ounces at birth. She went in to be weighed, and she had lost some weight. (I don't remember what she went down to). Her Pediatrician told me if she didn't start gaining weight in 4 days, I would have to supplement with formula! I was like NO WAY!! I did NOT want her to ever taste formula! So---I bf'd her CONSTANTLY for the next 4 days. On the 4th day, we went back in for another weigh-in. She gained 9 OUNCES in 4 days!!! The Dr. was very shocked at how much she had gained so quickly, and told me I did not need to supplement. I am so proud of the fact that my youngest DS and my DD never tasted one bit of formula ever!

CafeMom Tickers
Allebas
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Ya!! I was pretty surprised by the big weight gain too! I allowed each of my children to self-wean. Unfortunately, my oldest son, decided he didn't like the taste of my milk when he was only 6-months-old! I had accidently gotten pregnant again at that point. :  ( So I had to give him formula, b/c he refused my milk. Oh well. Atleast he got mommy milk for 6 months! If I had known my son might stop nursing b/c of a flavor change due to pregnancy, I would have made SURE I did not get pregnant again so soon.  My 2nd son self-weaned at 11 months. His Pediatrician told me not to worry about giving him formula, and told me to go straight to cow's milk at 11 months--so I did. My third son self-weaned at 10 months. The pediatrician again told me not to worry about formula, and so I gave him cow's milk at 10 months. My 4th son made it to 15 months of nursing. My one and only DD made it to 17-months!   :  ) That will be fun for you to find out how much your son has gained! I've had IDIOT formula feeding moms try to tell me, "Oh!! Your child will never gain weight on breast milk!! Its nothing more than watered down milk!" I had one say that to a friend of mine while I was sitting right there! I said, "Oh really? Then please do explain how my DD who was a newborn at the time, gained 9 ounces in four days on breast milk only?" That know-it-all did not say another word!! Some ppl are so uneducated its really quite sad!

Quoting NowImAMom...:

Oh wow that is certainly some potent Mommy Milk!! I'm glad you didn't ever have to give your children formula[=

I'm excited for Gabe's 4 month doctor's appointment next month, because I think his doctor is going to be surprised at how big he's gotten because his weight gain just keeps speeding up lol

Quoting Allebas:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)