Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Are you aware? I wasnt and it landed DD in the hospital!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:41 AM
  • 96 Replies
1 mom liked this

Some here mentioned I should try hylands teething tablets since DD was teething like a mad woman (and i mean MAD!)

This was just a few days ago. I ran to the store the first chance I got and bought what i thought to be a safe all natural product for Emmalin. And let me tell you the first 24 hours HEAVEN! She was sleeping again and happy as ever! I was thrilled! same on day two then day three.. all she wanted to do was sleep but she would wake to eat then be right back out. HUM odd me and dh decided that we would just play with her more to try to get her up and going. even sitting up she would just zonk out. day four for her urine out put was too low even though I KNOW SHE WAS GETTING ENOUGH. I had went from a cranky teething baby to a happy go lucky baby to the point I wasnt sure she was okay anymore.

After DH got home (because i was worried maybe im over reacting maybe its a upcoming growth spurt!) I told him everything about the day. How she had only been awake for a max of 10 minutes at a time if I was Lucky.

*******This is the part you should be aware of*******

We decided DD should be checked out just in case! Once admitted we found out hylands teething tablets contain belladonna (how stupid am i to not even do research on a product i gave my baby ill always hate myself for that!) which can cause belladonna toxicity. She is OKAY now. They said to be close by her as they think she maybe high risk for other effect from the belladonna. :( I feel like a total ass hat for not doig research! I always research ALWAYS why not this time :/

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Scary, glad shes feeling better!!
How much how often were you giving her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Aww I'm sorry mama! :(
I've heard great things about it but personally have never used or needed it. Hope she feels better and don't beat yourself up for it, alot of people use those for their baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MurphyTTC
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I was doing 2 tablets every 6 hours he first 24 hours. then 2 every 8 hours.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Scary, glad shes feeling better!!
How much how often were you giving her?

moroccanmommy
by Robin on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Scary...
they should remove from market. Did u report it anywhere?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:06 AM
8 moms liked this

Sorry that happened to you.  Sounds like she may have just had a sensitivity to the belladonna....to actually truely od on teething tablets they have to ingest  several bottles worth at once!  That was before they were more closely regulated on how much was in each  tablet.  Again sorry that happened.  I have & will continue to use them with no problems.

Needlesmama
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:10 AM
6 moms liked this

i used and have used hylands teething tablets and my DD never had  a reaction like that, maybe the batch was wrong coming from the company...I am so sorry she got so sick that is scary...don't beat yourself up mama we all do or have done things lik this...call the company and tell them what happened obviously they need to test your bottle and maybe recall that whole batch

mypbandj
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I'm sorry momma. So glad she is ok now. She must be extra sensitive to belladonna. I gave it to my kids without any incident. And my best friend used to give her kids straight belladonna! And they are all ok.

Tea4Tas
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Bella donna is in a lot of all natural products-including eyedrops. Make sure you read the labels for that in the future.

Aphrodisiac
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Glad she is doing better, how much were you giving her to give her poisoning.

I wasn't aware they had belladonna in them, i haven't tried those ones. I checked the ingredients in the ones I do have and they don't have that. I am running out to get some hylands today. Be careful and always read the instructions, belladonna can kill.

silka08
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM
3 moms liked this
This. My son actually got into them at 2yrs. I called poison control theu said its nearly impossible to OD. It siunds like an underlying issue.

Quoting mamabens:

Sorry that happened to you.  Sounds like she may have just had a sensitivity to the belladonna....to actually truely od on teething tablets they have to ingest  several bottles worth at once!  That was before they were more closely regulated on how much was in each  tablet.  Again sorry that happened.  I have & will continue to use them with no problems.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)