Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pumping and consolidating

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:19 AM
  • 7 Replies

Question may sound stupid but would like to know. If I pump and refridge. Can I consolidate at end of day to make bottles at even amounts? When I pump through out the day at work, I get inconsistant amounts each time. So when I freeze them the bags are inconsistant. Meaning for some feedings my son will need two bags thawed and warmed for just one feeding. Just wondering if and how this works. Sorry may be a dumb question.

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DamiensMommy1
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Ya you can add cool bm to cool bm but not warm to cool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ConnorMom228
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Yes u can. As long as it's the same temp u can combine the milk, and go by the earliest time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Just cool all the bm in the fridge and consolidate them together once they are all cool. You can also add frest bm to frozen as long as 1) the fress bm is cooled in the fridge first and 2) the amount you are adding to the frozen is LESS than the amount that is already frozen. But you probably don't want to freeze more than 2-4 oz so that it can be easily thawed. Plus, frozen milk shouldn't be refrozen.

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Yes :-)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:34 PM

It's one of the most commonly asked questions. Just cool to same temp then mix.

Make your bottles THREE ounces each.

I actually find iot better to leave things at the inconsistent amounts; easier for tracking. No human eats the same amount at every meal; it goes for babies too. **grin**

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Welcome to the group. FYI: It's actually a disservice to bump posts here... like returning someone to the end of the line. We work from OLDEST post, not top of the list. 

Quoting DamiensMommy1:

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)