Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Cluster feeding

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM
  • 6 Replies
And growth spurt.
My ds is 5 weeks and my ? Is how long will the cluster feeding last? Its been since 1am yesterday, how much longer on ave? Also is it typical that they dont sleep well during this time? Thanks for ur help girls
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:52 AM

It will last as long as it lasts. Most babies, a day or two. A few will do this for a lot longer. And the future football players drag it out for weeks! (5 weeks here. I thought I'd go nuts.)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:52 AM

And yes, the not sleeping is typical. He'll make up for it later.

devoesgirl
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:51 AM
Mines been going strong for a couple weeks now. He is six weeks old. Ugh I hope it stops soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3babiesofmyown
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:56 AM
I swear all my son did was cluster feed. He had my supply so revved up when I was away I had to pump every 2 hrs. Every hour that child was nursing. I don't know if he'll be a football player, but I know daddy's gonna need 2 jobs to feed this boy when he hits puberty. He's 2 now anD eats more than our 5 yr old. my 3 mo old only cluster feeds a day or two when she does it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:23 AM

sounds like a perfect newborn!

piwife
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM

my daughters is a cliuste feeder is her pattern of eating.  she is 3 mts now and i just adjusted to get schedule. every baby is different. we cant tell you how long you have or if he will stay a cluster feeder or nurse every 2-3 hrs on the dont. a growth spurt usually last a couple of days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)