Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Feeling guilty about wanting to wean

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:07 AM
  • 5 Replies
DS is about to be 1. I love BFing and wanted to do it for as long as he let me, but now i need to get a job b/c baby daddy isn't working and i just feel like it would be a lot easier not having to worry about pumping. Plus i need serious dental work that i have been putting off b/c i dont want the medication going into my milk. I feel guilty for wanting to stop b/c i know how good it is for DS but at the same time i feel like im done...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:22 AM
You can have all your dental work done, it's totally safe. And you don't have to wean if you go to work, solids foods and water is plenty for baby while you're gone. Most moms stop pumping while at work after baby turns a year. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvmyBabiesx101
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:26 AM

If you feel like your done then be done. Don't feel guilty about it because you at least did it for a year which is a great accomplishment! 

lil_momma0911
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:27 AM
I just went back to work and my dd is almost 17 months. my supply is just fine. i nurse on demand and nothing more. gl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicsmama09
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM
I went to work when ds was 1 and I didnt pump. Just nursed whwn I was home. When I was gone daddy gave him normal lunch and milk sippy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM

You can go back to work and never pump. I dumped the pump at age one. Nursed to 26 months. No need for guilt here.

EDITED TO ADD: Meds from the dentist are safe. The most dangerous thing you get there is the BILL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)