Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So i've been ebf for my son sence birth he will be 1 on the 4th of next month, i hate bf now he will never sleep without it he bites even though i always tell him noo he always wants it he's a fussy baby never wants to be put down always wants to be carried he has to sleep with me with my breast, i wish me and df could just go have some us time but noone want's to babysit becuase he has a heart attck if i just go take a shower. i start college next year and i need to get to studying please help me, it's really time to wean. btw my son can drink out of any bottle or cup just fine but if he has it for too long he gets fussy and he will not fall asleep with it.

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Replies (41-50):
nicsmama09
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM
My son did eat other things at 1 and did o.k. With daddy when I left but he was clingy too I think its the age
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
szeimetz
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Maybe enroll him in daycare and try a few hours a week... I had to do this with both my boys just for a break and people who work at daycares are usually better than family when it comes to seperation anxiety
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhotoMommax2
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Are you planning on weaning anytime soon? Or do you still want to breastfeed exclusively for as long as possible?

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting wjbrady2011:

From personal experience crying it out doesn't work. And cold turkey is a bad idea. My son sleeps with me and is very attached to the breast. I have decided to let him wean himself when he is ready. It may be harder on me but I believe it is best for.him

I agree with this. We need more mothers who put their kids first!

you rock

silka08
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM
self weaning is great but it does not have to mean allowing biting and unlimited 24/7 access.

Quoting Kathy489:

Quoting wjbrady2011:

From personal experience crying it out doesn't work. And cold turkey is a bad idea. My son sleeps with me and is very attached to the breast. I have decided to let him wean himself when he is ready. It may be harder on me but I believe it is best for.him

you rock

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM

If you are ready to wean, I wonder if you put something yuccky tasting on your boobs if that will make him want to wean...like vinegar, a dab of vicks vap o rub or something else harmless but not what he was expecting.  

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I wouldn't do the vaporub. We've discussed the vinegar... some kids like it. And it can actually hurt if mom's skin is at all abraded. With bites, that's a distinct possiblity.

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

No one in this post was advocating biting.

Quoting silka08:

self weaning is great but it does not have to mean allowing biting and unlimited 24/7 access.

Quoting Kathy489:

Quoting wjbrady2011:

you rock

momma_23girls
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Bump for later
soulofsunmama
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:46 AM
What???
Tomatoes and buttholes are far different then letting a baby scream themselves senselessly scared..big difference.

Quoting sthflachk:

TOmato, tomatO. I don't know enough about her kid to tell her anything. I said he SOUNDS like a perfect candidate in my OPINION. which are like buttholes....we all have one.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Going cold turkey will make the separation anxiety much worse.

Just think, breastfeeding is the one thing he counts on for comfort and security and then his mother just stops and refuses and he is unable to process in his mind why this is happening.

Cold turkey isn't what's best for the baby.

Quoting sthflachk:

It's not like she can't express her milk to avoid mastitis and avoid issues like it. Her kid sounds like a PERFECT candidate for cold turkey to me!!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

It wasn't personal, just necessary to correct a medically contraindicated practice. While cold turkey can work for some things (*raises hand as a former smoker*) some things can't work that way. Mastitis and absesses are best avoided by all means. If someone is weaning their first baby, they don't know this until it happens. I am positive weaning techniques weren't covered in the breastfeeding class I took a million years ago. But on that note, cold turkey weaning might work for the BABY, just not the mom here, which is why I suggested the possibility of tapering with a pump if she wanted to quickly get the baby off the breast.

Quoting tlw4mealwaz:

Lol! Oh my gosh people! I said I was sorry I didn't have any better advice! Geez! No need to jump on a person! Is there anywhere that a woman can go where saying something benign won't cause other women to start drama? *rolling my eyes*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)