Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
Bf Declan has been perfect up until now. He is almost 8 months old and when he nurses, it feels like the first 6 weeks over again. He's not biting, latch looks good, don't think there are signs of thrush.....so what can I do? This started yesterday. My nipple looks normal. I don't nurse from other side. Any suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Replies (11-12):
soulofsunmama
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM
This happened to us at almost exactly the same age. I didn't get a period, however, it turned out to be a couple things...teething for sure, and we had to practice relatching, because even though we had no issues in a very long time, little has grown a lot!
In weight, and in length, which means how he's laying or sitting on me (and what I've been used to) has shifted, and so has his latch.
Check your latch, practice it over again, reteach both of you the correct way again, and I did use calendula ointment a couple time when I got sore.
After a couple weeks it was good again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabsmom10
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Thanks for the info! I will try anything ;) it's not as bad now, but still painful!

Quoting soulofsunmama:

This happened to us at almost exactly the same age. I didn't get a period, however, it turned out to be a couple things...teething for sure, and we had to practice relatching, because even though we had no issues in a very long time, little has grown a lot!
In weight, and in length, which means how he's laying or sitting on me (and what I've been used to) has shifted, and so has his latch.
Check your latch, practice it over again, reteach both of you the correct way again, and I did use calendula ointment a couple time when I got sore.
After a couple weeks it was good again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)