Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Please don't bash

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:33 AM
  • 19 Replies
Okay I don't really know much about breast feeding but wanna try when my baby is here.
My breasts have been super uncomfortable and itchy seem dry.
But also I've noticed in the nipple where my milk will come out I'm have yellow balls in them I wipe it off wit my hand but they hurt like too much milk is being produce any advice
When will I start leaking etc I'm gonna be 31 weeks Thursday
So uncomfortable and moody bc of my boobs
I have had a child but it's been 2 yrs.
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Leaking is normal :)
If you want to breastfeed that's awesome. Read, read, read! Hang around and read all the posts, post questions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Leaking colostrum is normal. Some woman do, and some don't. As for itching. The skin is being stretched each day as your breasts grow. You can try something like unrefined coconut oil. I usually rub it all over my body before the shower and let the warm water run over it. I don't use soap. After shower your skin is now hydrated. If you need more throughout the day then reapply as needed. Unrefined is also an antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, and antimicrobial so there is many benefits to using it. I hope you're feeling better soon! Not too much longer now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Mine were super itchy too when I was pregnant. - don't know if there's a remedy :(

You ARE leaking. That yellow stuff you see is colostrum, which is what your baby gets the first few days. Milk is not produced until baby is born. Your body gets the signal to start producing when you deliver your placenta.

Check out kellymom.com for info and get the book So That's What They're There For by Janet Tamero. Learn all you can about breastfeeding *now* so you're prepared when baby comes, and even you have questions, check back in here or meet with an IBCLC. Know that doctors, nurses, and regular LC's receive little training in breastfeeding and often hand out bad and even dangerous advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Conner_Ian
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice
Conner_Ian
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I've heard you can pump? But they say it can promote labor n I don't want baby boy to come this early.
Emadele
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM
That is true. Pumping produces hormones that can cause contractions. It is best not to pump until after baby arives.
Also congrats on deciding to bf. the ladies here are chock full of knowledge. Don't be afraid to ask questions. And like pp said, read read read. I would suggest 'The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding'. There are others that the other ladies can suggest that I haven't personally picked up yet.

Quoting Conner_Ian:

I've heard you can pump? But they say it can promote labor n I don't want baby boy to come this early.

fortressmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I wouldn't even attempt to pump before baby comes.  There's no point in doing so.  Your breasts are gearing up to feed him right now, so it' best to leave them alone and let them do their thing.  Coconut oil or shea butter can help with the itchiness.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM

You'll only get bashed for using the word bash.

Fortunately all the rest is pretty simple stuff!

If you haven't done so already, hie thee to tohe bookstore for a copy of "So That's What They're For" by Janet Tamaro. It's an easy read and will fill the knowledge gap. A brain full of knowledge is more important than a nursery full of stuff, so let's get that taken care of!

There are plenty of nipple creams on the market and not a bad one in the bunch. That will take care of the dryness and itchiness.

You already ARE leaking colostrum... that's what you're wiping away.

Conner_Ian
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Thank you again and my mom also said what you ladies have said.
Jus want my body back : /
Meagie
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:18 PM
I second reading "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding". I also like www.breastfeeding-problems.com.

Towards the end of my pregnancy I had to hand express a little colostrum on occasion because I was so uncomfortable. Not much just a little to ease my discomfort.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)