Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

i have been out of work since last august.  even though i didnt have my baby till november, i left work early because i was a high risk pregnancy.  sooo now a year has gone by and as much as i am dreading it, i really need to go back to work.  unfortunatly, i cannot afford to stay home any longer.

i am having SUPER anxiety about going back.  i work in child care, so i am fortunate enough to have baby at work with me.  he will not be in my classroom, but he will be in the same building.   he nurses every 3-4 hrs, and is now starting to eat solid foods (once a day).  one main thing i am worried about is the different schedule i will have.  some days i will work 7-3 (no lunch break) 8-5 (noon lunch break)  or 8:30-5:30 (1 pm lunch break) or 9-6 (2pm lunch break).   i will prob be able to go in on my lunch break and nurse him, but my break will be at a different time every day.  lately he has been refusing a bottle. 

i do respond well to a pump and can usually pump about 3-4 oz but lately i havent had much time to pump.  i need to set aside time to do it, haha.

any suggestions for getting baby ready for school and me ready for work?  how did you mama's do it, and continue a good nursing relationship with baby?

looking for support and ideas.  it is really ALL i think about lately i am so worried i think i am obsessing about it.  :(

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Replies (11-11):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM

You could use one without a spill-proof valve and have whoever is giving it just tip it for him so he can drink.

Quoting JaxMomma78:

He doesn't "get" how to use the sippy cup. I have tried bm, water, juice. But he just plays with it. Ha ha

Quoting aehanrahan:

Just nurse on demand when you're together. Pump when you can't nurse. You can offer a sippy cup instead of bottles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN