Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

spotting while exclusively bf?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 2 Replies

So I am currently nursing my 20mo old and my 4mo. I have been depending on breastfeeding to supress my fertility so I could bf until they are both two but recently I started having a mild cramping and random spotting. It's only happened twice and not consecutively and it's very little blood like almost just discharge. No where near a period. Is this my period trying to return? I used this method with my first and it worked for about 9 months (until i started pumping) and I got pregnant with my second. So why is this happeneing? I will say my 4mo doesn't like to eat at night., Never has. from day one she's only eaten once maybe twice a night. My toddler and I are having troubles with her teeth because they destroy me so could the on and off with her cause this? and could i just start nursing more to see if it stops?

Anyone else have this problem?

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Do NOT use breastfeeding as a birthcontrol! you can get pregnant without having a period, you can still ovulate. And each baby, each pregnancy, each post partum period is difference, dont compare. Once you start your period you cant stop it from coming back but it may not be regular. 

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Yes, I'd say your period is returning. It will be different every single time and this is a variation of normal. At this point, no more reliance on nursing for birth control. Minipill, IUD, condoms are your choices, all safe for nurisng.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN