Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I Give up.. ETA: in Green

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:06 AM
  • 54 Replies

I gave up pumping all together. I was wasting my time with it, whenever someone has my baby they make bottle after bottle reheat it a couple of times and then end up dumping it down the sink. What a waste! So I am done with pumping and if the baby truly wants milk they can give her formula, but she won't drink that either. She just wants her booby and will just fuss till I get back with it. Thankfully I don't leave her often for long stretches of time.

She is eating solids now and loves juice in a sippy and that will have to do. I am no longer wasting my time and effort for it to be dumped down the drain. I have had such a hard time with getting all my breastfed babies to take a bottle of breastmilk from other's I think if I have another baby I won't be breastfeeding. I get no help whatsoever when I breastfeed and I just can't handle it anymore, especially if I have other younger children I can't be soo tied down anymore. I am soo done with it and I am afraid it is going to be difficult to wean her when it is time. She is not going to make it easy.

ETA: Ok, People are reading this totally wrong. The reading comprehension isn't working for you all. Well except one person understood what I was saying. Too many of you are hooked on the formula feeding and not the underline problem. I Never said I was FF, what I said is that the people who watch her can just give her solids and juice and FF if absolutely necessary. Which will probably never happen. The point is I am done pumping. I have FF babies and BF babies and my FF babies were much easier and less attached to my chest because they never had it. I did leave 1-2 oz of pumped milk but it was just being dumped down the drain because she didn't want it. She just wants the boob, it has little to do with the milk with her. I don't think I will BF again because I don't want a baby on my boob again. It's all they want.

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RadnRem
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM
What about putting the breastmilk in her sippy? Will she take that?

But if she's on solids and will drink anything from a sippy, dumping the pump is no biggie I'm sure. I would be pissed if my bm kept getting put down the drain too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:24 AM

If baby is eating solids and you are not gone all day every day then not pumping and leaving solids and water is totally fine. That's what I'd do.

All I can say is that if I had a bunch of kids and no help, I'd definitely want to EBF. You couldn't pay me to mess with bottles, what a PITA!

Aphrodisiac
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Nope, she just spills it out everywhere. She won't even take a sippy at all with a hard spout and the soft spouts she squeezes and spills most of it. Still a waste. I would rather he waste watered down juice than precious breast milk. It takes hours to get breast milk out of my booby and to watch someone pour it down the sink just makes me fall to my knees and cry.

Quoting RadnRem:

What about putting the breastmilk in her sippy? Will she take that?

But if she's on solids and will drink anything from a sippy, dumping the pump is no biggie I'm sure. I would be pissed if my bm kept getting put down the drain too!

SaraPerry
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM
bump

Aphrodisiac
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I have 3 kids and if I have anymore I am not breastfeeding. I am done with it. All my breastfed babies ever wanted was for me to sit and let them suck the booby for hours and I can't do anything. They won't even take a pacifier, and people are afraid to help because they are so much more work. I am done with breastfeeding.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

If baby is eating solids and you are not gone all day every day then not pumping and leaving solids and water is totally fine. That's what I'd do.

All I can say is that if I had a bunch of kids and no help, I'd definitely want to EBF. You couldn't pay me to mess with bottles, what a PITA!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I'd be firing the caregiver instead. No matter who it is. Becauser if they screw this up they'll be screwing up bigger things in the future. They've proven themselves untrustworthy. 

She'll wean when she's ready. That typically has nothing to do with when MOM is ready... but you will find that EVERYTHING with your child will happen when the child is ready and not when you're ready. And most of it is beyond your control. (PUberty for example; it'll happen when you are NOT ready.)

Aphrodisiac
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Well I don't have a caregiver to fire. The help I am talking about is my SO, and other family members, nobody helps because of her clinginess to the boob. Like I said I don't leave on a regular basis for long hours except now I attend school 3 nights a week for 5 hours.

Quoting gdiamante:

I'd be firing the caregiver instead. No matter who it is. Becauser if they screw this up they'll be screwing up bigger things in the future. They've proven themselves untrustworthy. 

She'll wean when she's ready. That typically has nothing to do with when MOM is ready... but you will find that EVERYTHING with your child will happen when the child is ready and not when you're ready. And most of it is beyond your control. (PUberty for example; it'll happen when you are NOT ready.)

Young_Mommy89
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Your child is older than mine, but I understand. I have a 4 yr old and a 2& 1/2 month old. He has gotten to where he eats soooo much, I started supplementing with formula as well, at first to see if it helped with his acid reflux, then bcuz its so much easier to make a bottle while I'm in town than to find somewhere to sit so I can nurse. I haven't gotten good at walking & breastfeeding. Bottles CAN make things easier bcuz ppl can help. I was in the hospital yesterday basically all day, half of that was waiting...if it weren't for bottles & my mom it would've been horrible. I had a high fever & was in pants & a quarter sleeve shirt & was shaking & my feet were burning bcuz I was so cold. I kept swaying back & forth bcuz I was so lightheaded. My throat was so swollen & sore that everytime I swallowed it felt like I was going to vomit.....Yea I needed help.

Quoting Aphrodisiac:

I have 3 kids and if I have anymore I am not breastfeeding. I am done with it. All my breastfed babies ever wanted was for me to sit and let them suck the booby for hours and I can't do anything. They won't even take a pacifier, and people are afraid to help because they are so much more work. I am done with breastfeeding.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I am in the same boat right now, but I think I am just done pumping!

I go to school, and my booby-snob son won't drink my pumped milk. Well, I guess he's going to be fine with food and water then!

As for your caregivers, they need to learn how to care for baby without boobies. My mom and husband babywear to get my son to sleep. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I suspected it was him. Which is why I said "no matter who it is." We've seen over and over again that dads do things they REALLY should not, and the only way to drive the point home is to hire an alternate caregiver. Just the suggestion of doing so tends to remind them that they are supposed to do precisely as YOU have told them and no other way.

Quoting Aphrodisiac:

Well I don't have a caregiver to fire. The help I am talking about is my SO, and other family members, nobody helps because of her clinginess to the boob. Like I said I don't leave on a regular basis for long hours except now I attend school 3 nights a week for 5 hours.

Quoting gdiamante:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN