Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Dear moms......you're NOT failing!

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  • 20 Replies
6 moms liked this

You are not falling as a mom. This blog is just so beautiful. It reminds us to slow down! YES! slow down! stop comparing your life to other people, or to news articles on what is expected of a mom. Just slow down, take a deep breath, and know that you are not failing as a mom!

http://rachelmariemartin.blogspot.com/2012/08/dear-sweet-mom-who-feels-like-she-is.html

Lots of love,

Julia

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Excellent post!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I figured we all have days where we feel like we are failing because we are not meeting our own expectations, or we may be having a bad day.

annaica
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM
*love*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazy4u49033
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Love this ! I just book raked the page to visit later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shauna.robinson
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:25 PM
*loves* that made me almost cry. I've been feeling that way a lot lately. Ive been having a really hard time after this baby and bf.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:28 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Precious333:

I figured we all have days where we feel like we are failing because we are not meeting our own expectations, or we may be having a bad day.

And it doesn't help to see media images of Sueprmom.

Dirty secret: Supermom resides in Arkham Asylum. She wears lovely white jackets with extra-long wraparound sleeves.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Quoting shauna.robinson:

*loves* that made me almost cry. I've been feeling that way a lot lately. Ive been having a really hard time after this baby and bf.

hugs! I completely understand. I am having issues in other areas that made me cry after reading this!

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
countrymom36
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Thank you so much for sharing this!  It made my day :-)

countrymom36
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Me, too!  I have two little ones, and trying to balance two under two plus a 12 year old (and a grown up baby-husband, lol) is almost more than I can stand at times!

Quoting shauna.robinson:

Annie
KelleyLitty
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Great pick me up today. I don't have a single family member of my own who has visited me after having my second child. My father is the only one i have contact with and its only by phone. My husbands family is wonderful but I really wish I had my own mom around to tell me I'm doing a good job. She is not around by her choice by the way. Really liked reading this article. If I had a mom in my life I would hope she would say something to me just like this. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN