Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Motherlove Breastfeeding Products

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:25 AM
  • 19 Replies

Which worked best for you? I heard both the tea and capsules don't work unless you drink/take a lot. But the tinctures work wonders. I've been pumping for a week and my supply has dropped. I've increased my water intake, eating properly and pumping every 2 hours. I keep getting less and less milk. Also, did you use More Milk Plus or More Milk Special Blend?

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Duquesne
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I think Euphoric Herbals Dairy Queen is fantastic as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 4:51 AM
I don't remember which one I used. It was a tincture that had the alcohol in it. It worked very well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loralismommy224
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:07 AM
I am currently using the special blend, & it has helped me to some degree. You have to strictly follow the directions or you're results won't be quite as good. Also, how much has your supply dropped- drastically or just barely noticeable?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiefreshh
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:39 PM

When I first started pumping it was a manual, and I would get 2.5-3oz. Then I got the Ameda Elite and at first would only get .5-1oz now after a week of using it and pumping every 2-3 hours I barely get 0.5oz. I would go back to my manual but my hand started cramping so bad and I would get frustrated. I'm pretty sure I don't make much more then half an ounce because when I've see my LC these last two times and do a weighed feeding, my daughter only takes in half an ounce after 45 minutes. And shes awake, alert and sucking the whole time. My LC just told me to keep pumping, drinks lots of water, eat oatmeal. But never brought up the Motherlove products. 

Quoting Loralismommy224:

I am currently using the special blend, & it has helped me to some degree. You have to strictly follow the directions or you're results won't be quite as good. Also, how much has your supply dropped- drastically or just barely noticeable?

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:43 PM
A weigh-feed-weigh is only ever accurate when it's done over a course of 24hrs because breastfed babies will take ins different amount at each feed. :)

Quoting jessiefreshh:

When I first started pumping it was a manual, and I would get 2.5-3oz. Then I got the Ameda Elite and at first would only get .5-1oz now after a week of using it and pumping every 2-3 hours I barely get 0.5oz. I would go back to my manual but my hand started cramping so bad and I would get frustrated. I'm pretty sure I don't make much more then half an ounce because when I've see my LC these last two times and do a weighed feeding, my daughter only takes in half an ounce after 45 minutes. And shes awake, alert and sucking the whole time. My LC just told me to keep pumping, drinks lots of water, eat oatmeal. But never brought up the Motherlove products. 

Quoting Loralismommy224:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loralismommy224
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Ok, a few tips (I've been EP for 6 months now). Get a Medela electric pump- yes they're more expensive, but waaay worth it! Also, if you can't drop the amount all at once, you can rent one for a monthly small fee at your hospital (they have only the best there). Also, while pumping, massage your breasts bc it helps with let downs & also keeps your chances of getting clocked ducts to a minimum. You must pump for at least 15 mins, 20 is better. Get the Motherlove special blend capsules- it has an ingredient goat rue in it that's great! I've learned to not soley rely on the pro's, & to do your own research. Yes they're wonderful to have, & most do know what they're talking about, but even the best may forget to tell you everything you need to know :). I hope this helps, & keep me posted!

Quoting jessiefreshh:

Quoting Loralismommy224:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:23 AM

All worked well for me. MMP for a little boost, MMSB for a bigger boost.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I have also taken a combination of fenugreek and blessed thistle.. those worked well, too! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Loralismommy224
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 5:12 AM
I am using the Motherlove more milk special blend capsules bc it has that goat rue ingredient I was telling you about. Supposedly that's the "magic" ingredient that the regular doesn't have. I didn't do the tea bc I work ft, & am very busy seeing pts, so it's just easier for me to take a pill than to sit there & drink a tea. Also, I'm from the South, & unless it's sweet tea- I ain't drinking it! Ha! Also, I don't remember if you mentioned this in your initial post or not, but are you EP, or just pumping after nursing?
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed! Hows babies weight gain and diapers?

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

A weigh-feed-weigh is only ever accurate when it's done over a course of 24hrs because breastfed babies will take ins different amount at each feed. :)

Quoting jessiefreshh:

Quoting Loralismommy224:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)