Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How can i make my SO agree to sidecar dd's crib? *edit*

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:04 PM
  • 13 Replies
My youngest is a year old in a few days she is still up 2-3 times a night to nurse right now she sleeps in a pack and play in our room, it was supposed to be temporary til she slept through the night. I get up and nurse her in a small recliner in our room and put her back or fall asleep. No one is getting enough sleep he can't sleep without me in bed and he can't sleep with dd in bed. I haven't slept in a year! And I can't keep everyone happy! I'm losing it! I'm exhausted! Please help!
*edit*
Thank you for taking the time to reply but I wanted to add a few details. We do co-sleep, we have from the beginning but he can't sleep because of how little room there is in bed with her in it. We only have a full size bed and we want a bigger one but can't get one right now. He has never slept on the couch cause dd was in bed and that is not a option now. Now the crib is on the other side of our house and there is no way I could move it by myself without completely taking it apart and putting it back together. I guess ill just have to try talking about again we are going on a date tonight so ill try then. Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:13 PM
I would just set it up and go for it.
Men usually don't like plans that involve them doing extra work. If he protests once it's set up then tell him he can start getting up to get the baby out of the pack and play, wait till your done feeding then return the baby to the pack and play, he'll agree with side carring after the first night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottubgodess
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Tell your SO either it is the sidecar or in the bed lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Once I explained to DH that by side caring the crib he was allowed to sleep in bed again because until we did he was on the couch, he was all on board, lol. He couldn't set it up fast enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Tell him that you side car it or he can sleep on the couch so that she can sleep in his spot.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Tell him it's the sidecar or you're moving to another room. YOUR only concern is YOUR sleep and baby's sleep. His sleep is his lookout.

When he has to take responsibility for his own sleep, he'll do what's needed.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd have him get up each time to get her, bring her to you, and then get up again to put her back.  After a night or two, I bet he'll agree to sidecar.

catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Let him know you WILL be co-sleeping, it is best for you and baby! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Share this with him....

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/sleep-problems/
sids-latest-research-how-sleeping-your-baby-safe

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

SouthTxPrincess
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Thanks if he won't agree to a side car then ill try this. He seems to think if we side car she won't start sleeping through the night and we won't get her to sleep in her own bed. I disagree so now I have to nag until I get what I want lol.

Quoting gdiamante:

Tell him it's the sidecar or you're moving to another room. YOUR only concern is YOUR sleep and baby's sleep. His sleep is his lookout.

When he has to take responsibility for his own sleep, he'll do what's needed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Thanks if he won't agree to a side car then ill try this. He seems to think if we side car she won't start sleeping through the night
They ALL sleep through the night when THEY are ready and NOTHING, not ONE thing you do, will make a difference in that. Parents are merely along for the ride on the infant sleep train.. baby is the conductor. All you can do is make the situation conducive to sleep... which sidecarring will actually do!
and we won't get her to sleep in her own bed. I disagree so now I have to nag until I get what I want lol.
Sidecarring the crib IS getting her into her own bed. BEST way to make the transition. BEST. What he wants is the WORST way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN