Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

For the last time, breastfeeding is not obscene!

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM
  • 49 Replies
9 moms liked this

Featuring Miranda Kerr and Lucy Lawless.

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM
7 moms liked this

So true!!! Society is so messed up! Moving to Mongolia, lol.  

This is my current fave:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM
5 moms liked this

Our society's view of what's appropriate is so messed up!
I found this picture in one of my mom's photo albums of her nursing my brother in 1971. I love that I grew up thinking everyone nursed their babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

You are so lucky to have had that exposure. As a child, I remember I had an aunt that disappeared into a bedroom to feed my baby cousin. That's all I ever *saw* of breastfeeding. When I was in my early 20's, I saw a mom with a blanket draped over herself while she nursed a baby at a meeting I was at. Until my first baby was born, I had never otherwise seen a woman breastfeed. And my mom breastfed me and my sister (though it was only a couple months, as she says I was lactose intolerant, though I am sure it was a cow protein problem or oversupply issue.) A couple days ago I hit 100 months of breastfeeding (15 months, 2 @ 24 months each, and 37 months and counting) and am thrilled that my children are growing up seeing that babies are breastfed. 

Quoting aehanrahan:

I found this picture in one of my mom's photo albums of her nursing my brother in 1971. I love that I grew up thinking everyone nursed their babies.

ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Amen!! I'm tired of people thinking boob is only for sexual purposes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I know how lucky I am!
I was actually born 3 years after this picture was taken. I was exposed to my older sisters nursing their babies when I was a teenager. My oldest was the 12th breastfeed grandchild. I didn't even realize that anyone chose to not nurse their babies until 5 years ago when I joined CafeMom.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

You are so lucky to have had that exposure. As a child, I remember I had an aunt that disappeared into a bedroom to feed my baby cousin. That's all I ever *saw* of breastfeeding. When I was in my early 20's, I saw a mom with a blanket draped over herself while she nursed a baby at a meeting I was at. Until my first baby was born, I had never otherwise seen a woman breastfeed. And my mom breastfed me and my sister (though it was only a couple months, as she says I was lactose intolerant, though I am sure it was a cow protein problem or oversupply issue.) A couple days ago I hit 100 months of breastfeeding (15 months, 2 @ 24 months each, and 37 months and counting) and am thrilled that my children are growing up seeing that babies are breastfed. 

Quoting aehanrahan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:24 AM
In December, I'll be at 83 months of nursing between my two boys when Johnathan turns 5. Unless he stops before then.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:40 AM
2 moms liked this
100 months of breastfeeding, WOW! Awesome!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yu001133shan02
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:42 AM
true

maggiandmike
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:47 AM
I am carrying my parents' 20th grandchild, and all but 4 of them have been nursed. Three because my sister apparently didn't grow up in the same home I did (???) and she thought nursing was "icky." And one neice who couldn't have anything orally for almost her first year of life. She did get breast milk from my SIL for about 6 months straight to her stomach through a feeding tube.

There has been no formula on my side of the family, ever. My grandma even re-lactated for my aunt after a hospital stay of 3 weeks. :) I'm proud to come from a legacy of natural baby feeding.

Quoting aehanrahan:

I know how lucky I am!

I was actually born 3 years after this picture was taken. I was exposed to my older sisters nursing their babies when I was a teenager. My oldest was the 12th breastfeed grandchild. I didn't even realize that anyone chose to not nurse their babies until 5 years ago when I joined CafeMom.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbie.alder
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I love this. I've been trying to convince dh that it's OK and natural and not sexual but he's still convinced it's "gross" and "wierd." It makes me so mad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN