Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastmilk Donors and families that milkshare or have...

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM
  • 19 Replies

Thought i would share this... they are looking for stories to share during world milksharing week witch it at the end of september :) IDK i know some of u have donated breast milk throw http://www.humanmilkforhumanbabies.com/ and stuff... so thought u might want to take a peek at this and share your donation story or why u get donor milk... REALLY COOL!!! I am a donor and will have some of my stuff as well :)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/modernmilksharing

Cover Photo

We invite you to share your images or stories of anything milksharing with us at Modern Milksharing. We love seeing real moms on their milksharing journey. You can do so by emailing us at milksharing@gmail.com. By emailing us you are submitting that you are giving us your consent to publish and/or edit your content or images to be used on our web site and other publications. You are also confirming that you have full rights over the images and/or content. Please copy and paste this disclosure in your email along with your full legal name so we can confirm you have read and agree to its terms. http://www.facebook.com/modernmilksharing

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

It is really cool!

Robbiesmommy99
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this

We do receive donor milk and I use it in addition to bfing because I have low supply and baby cannot digest any kind of formula.  Dh, al 4 of our kids, and myself are actually attending the milksharing event in DC on the 29th.  I have thought about sharing our story on our milksharing story, but haven't made a decision yet. 

laura_mae99
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I think real mom like u sharing your story :) might motivate more mother to even help or donate and share in how amazing it is. I hope u do, i would love to read it :)

Quoting Robbiesmommy99:

We do receive donor milk and I use it in addition to bfing because I have low supply and baby cannot digest any kind of formula.  Dh, al 4 of our kids, and myself are actually attending the milksharing event in DC on the 29th.  I have thought about sharing our story on our milksharing story, but haven't made a decision yet. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 8, 2012 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laura_mae99
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM
U donated right tabi? U should share your story of donation....;-)

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Sounds great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep about 2500oz total spread over three mommas/babies

Quoting laura_mae99:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Sounds great

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laura_mae99
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:06 AM

u should totally do it Tabi :-) we need more donor stories... I honeslty think donors dont really relize what a gift it is they are giving... so its so ez for familys that get milk to share how amazing and their stories... but what about the donors (( u take time away from your own family your own children even your self to give to anther small life )) thats something that should be shared in the amazing gift that is breast milk donation :-) I THINK U TOTALLY SHOULD DO IT>>> plus u donated a big amount too :-)

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Yep about 2500oz total spread over three mommas/babies

Quoting laura_mae99:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Sounds great

laura_mae99
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM

bump

Endo.girl
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM
I donated to a friend when i lost my dd almost 2 yrs ago. Baby girl was 18 weeks gestation. And i felt that just leaving the milk to dry up wasn't fair. I donated milk to her until i fell pregnant with emily-rose. 10 months ago. How ever my donation was organised privately
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laura_mae99
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:42 AM

u can still share your story honey... you still donated and u still made a diffrance that what milk share is about :-)

Quoting Endo.girl:

I donated to a friend when i lost my dd almost 2 yrs ago. Baby girl was 18 weeks gestation. And i felt that just leaving the milk to dry up wasn't fair. I donated milk to her until i fell pregnant with emily-rose. 10 months ago. How ever my donation was organised privately

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)