Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

furious with dh!! *UPDATE* hes not so stupid WHEW!!

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 3:41 AM
  • 80 Replies
Ds is almost 8 months now and still refuses bottles. I told dh to put the bm into his sippy cup now but guess what i came home to!! Dh dumped my 18 oz of bm in the fridge AND threw my 200oz of frozen milk AWAY!!!! Apparently we don't need it anymore and i should stop pumping. I so made im shaking!!!

UPDATE!
So, i came home last night, noticed all my milk GONE and asked him where it was. He was half asleep on the couch and said he threw it all away. This morning when i started yelling at him he said he took it to FILs house because "that gross-nasty bm was taking up too much space in our freezer". Yes, i called FIL and talked to his gf (she bf all her kids until 2 and supports me donating) so im much more calm but wish he would've talked to me first. I am relieved its not thrown out!! He DID dump the 18 oz in the fridge because (apparently) he tried giving ds a bottle warm, lukewarm and cold, then put the cold bm in a sippy. All to which ds refused. So he says i need to stop pumping at work, he expects ds off boob all together at a year and then won't allow it (we'll see how that turns out!). I need some research to print out for this male as he clearly doesn't understand child nutrition. Im relieved he knew enough to not just DUMP those 200 oz!! Huge sigh of relief
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 3:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TTC2Long
by Gina on Sep. 8, 2012 at 3:44 AM
WHAT???? He just threw it all away?!?!? Holy smokes woman. There aren't words. Does he have any idea what he's done??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Oh My God. I would be hysterically angry. He would be sleeping on the couch perpetually.... I mean seriously?? 218 OUNCES is HARD to get and a LOT of milk. I don't even know what to say except that he FUCKED up. hardcore... wow

sreichelt26
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 3:47 AM
I....wow....wow...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Britania
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 3:52 AM
Woah! I don't even understand that one. That is a heck of a lot of milk. Seems strange that he wouldn't even consult you.
My hubby is the opposite. If the milk has been left out too long or has been in the fridge for too long, hubby refuses to dump it. He hates waste, so I have to be the one to get rid of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Gina on Sep. 8, 2012 at 4:06 AM
11 moms liked this
I hope you're not responding because you're busy making him sit with the pump running on his moobs the amount of time it took you to pump 218oz.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alibrezzy154
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 4:10 AM

oh wow... what the hell is his excuse for deciding you should start pumping... that was a real jack ass move to throw all of that away. :( I'm sorry hun!

shortyali
by Alicia on Sep. 8, 2012 at 5:23 AM
That would be cause to change the licks next time he leaves. Or throw out something of his that he loves. I'm so sorry momma, how long ago did he throw it out? Can you at least save the frozen??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittanyx22
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 5:28 AM
When did he throw it out? Can you salvage it? What is his reasoning? That is seriously ridiculous. I would be so pissed. I know for sure I would not be speaking to him!!
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Sep. 8, 2012 at 5:29 AM
I would file for divorce... jk. But a night on the couch wouldn't hurt! Even if the baby wouldn't drink it it coukd have been donated to help another baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embrigmom
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 7:51 AM
2 moms liked this

WHAT??? Why did he throw all that milk away? I can't evn wrap my head around that. You told him to put it in the babies sippy cup and he throws it away? What was he thinking? I am so sorry! I know how hard it is to get a good stock of milk going. BM is liquid gold!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)