Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Stop smacking your babies!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Why do people find it necessary to smack their babies on the back to burp them?? Some really wack them to get it done when it is so not necessary. A simple clockwise rub or gentle tap does the trick. Trust me. Try it and you'll see. Its so infuriating cause most do it mindlessly rough! Built up aggression maybe? Lol Chill out!!

Infuriating is a harsh word that I really didn't mean..irritating..lol it's irritating.
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Replies (81-88):
bubblixious0324
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Sometimes  mine burps when i barely move her, other times i gotta pat her more firmly if not big pile of milk will come spewing out. but it helps her burp more and putting her to sleep. I have tried the soft pat but she wont burp and spit up more..every baby is different.

mizz.sanchez
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:35 AM

i bounce baby on my lag an he burps just fine!

azaleas.mommy
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM
In my case my DD loved firm burping. She sat in my uterus face out from 20 weeks on she was used to my heart beat. She still loves it at 2 and puts her to sleep!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anl1991
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM

depends on the baby.. dd would burp just by moving her by ds has bad gas problems and sometimes his only relief is if we pat him hard. He loves it..

Jen825
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Some babies just take harder pats than others.  And I noticed that when my kids are breastfed, they don't need to be burped at all!  And no spit up! 

jenzachsam
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I rub, rub, pat, pat, rub, rub, pat, pat...  Then after a break for a minute she burps on her own.

MissTacoBell
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM
It soothes some babies because the sound and reverberation is reminiscent to what they felt in the womb from moms organs working and circulatory system/heart heat. Dd likes being patted on the butt to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:13 AM
My ds has to be awake to burp. I could tap, smack, rub, bounce, doesnt matter until he wakes up even for a brief lazy second.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)