Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I really need help figuring out what to eat..

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM
  • 13 Replies

its really hard to cook because my baby is a little high needs still healing from the TT division and stuff, he always wants to be held, so i either have 1 arm or i can put him in a moby wrap, but i dont think its safe to cook with the moby wrap on. he also doesnt really like it and wont stay in it that long. he prefers to be held on my shoulder. i know i can look at a list of what to eat and what not to and i just am confused, can someone help me with like a meal plan? what exactly should i make for myself??

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I was a big sandwich person in that stage. Or salads. Albertsons does sell meal salad kits which are great.

I did little to no cooking at that point. But I had my mom and dad right there, and my husband did a lot of the cooking too.

The tongue tie clip really should be pretty much healed. THe human mouth is a fast healer; has to be because of all the stuff that comes in via that route!

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:57 AM
R u looking for ideas to cook one handed? Do u have a foreman grill or a griddle? Grilled cheese, chicken breast. U can also grill asparagus, corn on the cob, shrimp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Butter331
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this
When I can't get a free arm my quick go to's are:
breakfast: yogurt with granola or boiled eggs and toast.
Lunch: tuna on cucumber rounds or peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
Dinner is always harder. I like to grill or prepare a few extra servings of meat so I can quickly make sides for it or use it in another meal. For example grilled chicken with corn the first night becomes a chicken salad the next night and tacos the day after.
I hope that is at least a little bit helpful. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

it only got done like 4 days? 3 days? ago...i dont remember anymore im tired lol.

doc said it takes 6-8 days.

like turkey sandwhichs? peanut butter and jelly? i probablly should not eat cheese anymore :( 

Quoting gdiamante:

I was a big sandwich person in that stage. Or salads. Albertsons does sell meal salad kits which are great.

I did little to no cooking at that point. But I had my mom and dad right there, and my husband did a lot of the cooking too.

The tongue tie clip really should be pretty much healed. THe human mouth is a fast healer; has to be because of all the stuff that comes in via that route!

LucyHourglass
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Quoting JaxMomma78:

R u looking for ideas to cook one handed? Do u have a foreman grill or a griddle? Grilled cheese, chicken breast. U can also grill asparagus, corn on the cob, shrimp.

i'm looking for meals that wont cause gas. that i can also cool with one arm. i dont have a grill

NicLof2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM
My son is needy too. I can't put him down for too long or screams till he gets sick. I have a hard time making time to eat breakfast or lunch. I usually end up with egg sandwich and tuna
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicLof2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Thank you for this. Found it helpful!

Quoting Butter331:

When I can't get a free arm my quick go to's are:

breakfast: yogurt with granola or boiled eggs and toast.

Lunch: tuna on cucumber rounds or peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Dinner is always harder. I like to grill or prepare a few extra servings of meat so I can quickly make sides for it or use it in another meal. For example grilled chicken with corn the first night becomes a chicken salad the next night and tacos the day after.

I hope that is at least a little bit helpful. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Well the myth about what mom eats causing gas is not true. Some babies are just prone to gas (my ds was one). Milk is an allergy and u wd know that if baby is spitting up. Foods like broccoli and stuff cause us gas for more "mechanical" reasons whereas baby is getting nutrients not the actual broccoli. If u have a fast let down that could be causing gas, and ladies here can help u with that. Butt what my pedi told me is that baby's digestive system is still forming and that can be uncomfortable for baby and cause gassyness. I gave ds mylicon drops and they seemed to help sometimes. I gave them every other feeding, at the beginning of the feeding. U can also look on YouTube and search "baby massage for gas". That helped us.
So go ahead and eat what u want!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:42 AM
SO does ALL the cooking so I can be on call with Levi 24/7.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I just make microwave stuff or heat n serve meals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)