Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I'm a little disappointed in my Grandmother..

I was talking to my Grandmother tonight on the phone and I always felt she gave me full support on BFing till now..She asked me about the babies and I said Cheyenne is potty trained now doing great and Mason just turned 7 months and breastfeeding was going great too..And Grandmother said Oh, your still breastfeeding? I said yes and it's going very well..Then she said your going to stop soon right? And I said no breastfeeding is fine there is no reason to stop any time soon and I'm not giving him formula and I said I may just breastfeed till he's one or a little after and I told her how the (WHO) recommends till the age of two and she said Oh like I just said something nasty :(

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Replies (21-26):
hcplaskus
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I got pretty lucky, my mom, grandmother, mother-in-law, and aunts all support breastfeeding. I know I would do it for my daughter, even if they were unsupportive, but I would be so sad and uncomfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newbabystarr09
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:04 PM

My Grandmother was very supportive of me BFing till now..It's like the switch flip off when he turned 7 months.. I know she is old she will be 87 years old in Nov.. It just shocked me a little because she even thought it was fine to Breastfeed around others and for me not to hide.. :/ I am very happy to have her in my life..This is her 2nd battle with breast caner..She is a fighter..She is my last living Grandparent..

NightSky1701
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM

My friends grandmother told us that her milk was "no good" and they fed their babies PET Milk with Karo syrup. I guess things really were different even thirty years ago.

You're doing a great job. Try not to let it bother you.

KnikkaP
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Its completely part of their generation... don't worry about, I do ALL KINDS of things my nana disagrees with haha

wulfeyes05
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I only breast feed to 6 months, but it's my child so I feed as long as I htink is appropriate. This is your child so just ignore your grandma. She did things differently in her time and a lot of elderly people don't understand that times change and people do things different now. 

cl1998
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Gotta love the world we live in.  B is 8 months and I already have people wanting to know when Im gonna stop!!  My next response will be when HES good and ready!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)