Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Keeping baby healthy while I'm sick.

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM
  • 4 Replies
I known BF my LO whole I'm sick is best for him. But even when he's not feeding he won't let me put him down. I have a bad stomach virus, can't keep anything down and for some reason when Im bf I get even sicker. I'm scared since he won't leave my side he might get sick too. Tried putting him down and letting DH and my sis take care of him but he only allows that for so long. Is it safe to keep him with me?
What do I do to protect him?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LucyHourglass
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:40 AM

your milk will protect him :)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Breastfeed him. That's what you do. Keeping him right there nursing is the SINGLE SAFEST thing you can do. When mom is sick is one of the most important times to nurse because you pass antibodies to baby.

Carry on!

melindabelcher
by mel on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Yep

Quoting gdiamante:

Breastfeed him. That's what you do. Keeping him right there nursing is the SINGLE SAFEST thing you can do. When mom is sick is one of the most important times to nurse because you pass antibodies to baby.

Carry on!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hyman
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM
I got the flu really bad once and my son was about 4 months old and I wore him in my carrier the whole time or he laid in bed with me nursing. He didn't get sick at all.

Just don't decrease nursing. Drink lots of fluid or the fluid that you can keep down make it the best - like chicken broth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN