Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Multiple Methods of De-furring a Feline

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:45 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

Just because a state doesn't have a law allowing breastfeeding in public, doesn't mean it's illegal. Check that state's indecent exposure law.

Some examples:

Idaho18-4116. Indecent exposure. Every person who willfully and lewdly, either:

(1) Exposes his or her genitals, in any public place, or in any place where there is present another person or persons who are offended or annoyed thereby; or,

(2) Procures, counsels, or assists any person so to expose his or her genitals, where there is present another person or persons who are offended or annoyed thereby is guilty of a misdemeanor.

West Virginia§61-8-9. Indecent exposure.

(a) A person is guilty of indecent exposure when such person intentionally exposes his or her sex organs or anus or the sex organs or anus of another person, or intentionally causes such exposure by another or engages in any overt act of sexual gratification, and does so under circumstances in which the person knows that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm.

This list provides all the laws for every state and territory. http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/health/breastfeeding-state-laws.aspx

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepymommy87
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:47 AM
4 moms liked this
And here I was hoping to get a cure for my cat's excessive shedding. You got me G! LOLOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:50 AM

^same lol

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

But there are going to be a half dozen people behind me posting that breasts are sex organs. :-(

(EDIT:  *I* do not think breasts are sex organs. Breasts can be errogenous zones incorporated into sexual activity but they don't serve a single biological purpose in the reproductive process of making a baby.) 

I was also wondering about shedding cats. (Hah, hah "skin a cat" aka de-furring a feline. ;-)

catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Aren't there always?! 

Quoting mostlymaydays: But there are going to be a half dozen people behind me posting that breasts are sex organs. :-(

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:01 AM

LOL! 

Quoting sleepymommy87: And here I was hoping to get a cure for my cat's excessive shedding. You got me G! LOLOL

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

shortyali
by Alicia on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:02 AM
My first thoughts too when I read the title, lol.

Quoting sleepymommy87:

And here I was hoping to get a cure for my cat's excessive shedding. You got me G! LOLOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:12 AM

They arent sex organs...you can still be female without breasts

Quoting mostlymaydays:

But there are going to be a half dozen people behind me posting that breasts are sex organs. :-(

I was also wondering about shedding cats. (Hah, hah "skin a cat" aka de-furring a feline. ;-)

melindabelcher
by mel on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:43 AM
It's sad how many there are.

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Aren't there always?! 

Quoting mostlymaydays: But there are going to be a half dozen people behind me posting that breasts are sex organs. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh, I know. *sigh*, and I keep having this same discussion with the same people over and over. My FIL and I have had some very unpleasant discussions about this, and I've been in too many arguments here about this. There was a pretty hot post once by one woman who said if women were going to have a nurse-in at Target that she wanted the organize a sex-in at Walmart, exercising her right to have sex in public. It really bums me out when other women can't just see breastfeeding as simply feeding a baby. 

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN