Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Tandem Nursing?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

So my DD will be 4 months old on the 23rd and I got a BFP today. Any advice on nursing while pregnant? I noticed my breasts are tender but I don't seem to have a problem with supply yet....how do I safely keep up my supply? I have increased my water intake. Also I work full time and pump, is it safe to pump? I have never had miscarriage and have two healthy pregnancys previously.

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:47 PM

its safe to continue doing what you are currently doing, your body is now used to it. Just pump/nurse as much as you can and drink plenty of water. 

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:51 PM

This. It is safe, eventually pregnancy may have an impact on your supply, but you never know hormones vary from person to person, my friend actually had an increase in milk production as opposed to a decrease with pregnancy! Good luck mama!!!

Quoting Nicolle_09:

its safe to continue doing what you are currently doing, your body is now used to it. Just pump/nurse as much as you can and drink plenty of water. 

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it's safe to pump. 

Nurse as usual. It's possible your supply will drop during the pregnancy and there isn't a lot that can be done for it; More Milk Plus Two is designed for pregnant women. No fenugreek.

tbursac777
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:26 AM

oatmeal!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)