Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Is this a healthy poop color? *pic*

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:18 PM
  • 22 Replies

I've been freaking out over her poop color because I've heard green poop isn't good. Her poop has been this color since she was about 2-3 weeks old, she is now 6 weeks. She's been fussy and gassy, so that's why dairy was cut. And then I found out I had OAL, been feeding laying down while nursing to help with that and block feeding. I have researched like crazy and I'm confused. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dark_xiii_angel
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Maybe a little too much foremilk? I have only breastfed my youngest. His would look like that occasionally. I think its pretty normal though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angel_Red7
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM
How long since dairy was cut? It can take several weeks.

It does look alil too green but it could just be from the block feeding and adjustments that you are trying to make. I am not too sure how long it has been since you have made changes, but it can take awhile. It could be more fore milk than hind milk as stated above.

There's no temp or spitting up a lot??
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM
It doesn't quite look like a dairy issue poop, those poops are usually really mucousy, but know that it does take up to 6 weeks to see results.
How long are the blocks you're doing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
torie81
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:32 PM
I cut milk, yogurt, and cheese a month ago. Also cut out soy and eggs a few days ago, heard that causes issues.

As far as block feeding, I'm doing 2.5 hour blocks.

No temp or spitting up either.

Quoting Angel_Red7:

How long since dairy was cut? It can take several weeks.

It does look alil too green but it could just be from the block feeding and adjustments that you are trying to make. I am not too sure how long it has been since you have made changes, but it can take awhile. It could be more fore milk than hind milk as stated above.

There's no temp or spitting up a lot??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
torie81
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:32 PM
2.5 hours

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

It doesn't quite look like a dairy issue poop, those poops are usually really mucousy, but know that it does take up to 6 weeks to see results.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Sounds like you need to do longer blocks. Maybe up it to 3 or 4 hours and see if that helps. When doing an elimination diet, you need to cut out ALL dairy. Read all labels and look for hidden dairies such as whey and casein. I have a feeling your oversupply it the culprit and not dairy. Definitely try longer blocks, some moms have had to do 12 hour blocks!

Quoting torie81:

2.5 hours

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this

It's within the realm of normal. I wouldn't break my neck trying to "fix" it.

Angel_Red7
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I agree with this. I'd try longer blocks. I am dealing with over supply and have been doing block feeding. Maybe try to feed 3 times on a breast before switching? You may have to even go longer.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

torie81
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:44 PM
I realized I was still eating quite a bit of food that had milk, I had no idea popcorn had milk in it and also my non dairy creamer did. So, now I'm a label freak. How does one do a 12 hour block?!?! I guess your body gets used to it? I never had these issues with my first 2, this is all new to me. I'll try 3 hours. I won't run out on one side, will I?

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Sounds like you need to do longer blocks. Maybe up it to 3 or 4 hours and see if that helps. When doing an elimination diet, you need to cut out ALL dairy. Read all labels and look for hidden dairies such as whey and casein. I have a feeling your oversupply it the culprit and not dairy. Definitely try longer blocks, some moms have had to do 12 hour blocks!

Quoting torie81:

2.5 hours

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
torie81
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Yeah I've been stressing about it. Damn Internet lol. Thanks :)

Quoting gdiamante:

It's within the realm of normal. I wouldn't break my neck trying to "fix" it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)