Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Mini vent

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:00 PM
  • 8 Replies
My aunt just flipped out on me because I let my dog eat a grape off the floor. Freaking ours screaming because grapes can kill dogs. Then proceeds to spend the day trying to sneak my 9 month old sprite, French fries, chicken nuggets and Cheetos and can't figure out why I say no! Smh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess the dog's health and safety is more important...

People are so weird!

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM
My dog loved eating grapes (we had her put to sleep for something non grape related)! Some people!!!! Seriously.... i don't understand how all of us survived childhood lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gruntlings
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Grapes can cause sudden fatal kidney failure in dogs. It would be more like if she was feeding your 9 month old large doses of aspirin or overdosing him on Tylenol. The things she was trying to sneak him are not generally fatal. Or if she flipped out when you gave the dog a chicken nugget.

She shouldn't be trying to sneak your nine month old anything that you don't approve of, even if it is pure organic avocado or your own pumped milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:31 AM
2 moms liked this
From my research a single grape is not going to cause fatal liver toxicity in a 95lb dog. Excessive levels of salt on the other hand could have very dangerous effects on my daughter.

Oh and I should add, I did not "give" the dog anything. There was a stray grape on the floor after breakfast and he found it. Just ticks me off. And she wonders why her children both have horrible relationships with food!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Our dog eats grapes all the time (even eat chocolate lol) but seesh care more about the animal then the baby, really?

MonicaV1982
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:32 AM

gah! my sister went on about the natural dog food she found her dog, but barely tried to bf her baby. UGH!

catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Sorry she flipped out on you.. :o(

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Thoughts of "hypocrite" and "screwed up priorities" (regarding aunt) come to mind.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)