Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

she won't nurse... like *really* nurse

Posted by   + Show Post
Caidence (29 months) keeps asking to nurse, so I pick up, get comfy, and let her. As soon as I get her crummy "I'm teething" latch good to god, she'll nurse for a few seconds, literally less than a minute then tell my my milk is "yucky" or ask where my milk is. :(

I thought I had more time. She was only nursing once a week or so before pregnancy so frequency hasn't changed but length has.

I'm gonna stick it out as long as she likes but I have a feeling she'll wean through the pregnancy. Maybe she'll decide to resume after baby is here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Replies (11-11):
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Don't feel guilty! You truly cannot force them to nurse! I've begged but with no response other "no thanks". You did awesome too!!

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Quoting MaryJarrett:

I know.

I think I'm suffering from a case of the "it couldn't happened to me"s. :(

I didn't think it would happen so soon. I'm not even 2 months yet. :/

Quoting maggiemom2000:

This is a common reaction when mom is pregnant. Some toddlers do not like the taste of the colostrum and the lower supply (others don't care and keep right on nursing).

Give yourself a BIG pat on the back for a job well done, and let her decide if she wants to continue.

I've had that same "not me". I got pregnant when my first son was only 9 months old, planning on getting pregnant any time after he was a year, but...

I knew I was going to nurse him for at least 2 years, so I was sure I was going to nurse through my pregnancy and tandem nurse, come hell or high water! Needless to say he stopped asking at 14 months, and I still feel a little guilty that I stopped offering. I was just so tired and starting to get sore.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN