Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

i guess i accidentally detoxed

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM
  • 16 Replies
DF and I decided enough was enough and switched our diets overnight to way less processed foods and loading up on veggies and fruits and cutting out meat, and somewhat vegan as well. We both started having similar symptoms, which I learned were detox symptoms. I know I am not supposed to detox when nursing. I didn't "intentionally" detox and didn't realize that was going to happen (even someone on here recommended just loading up on more fruits and veggies rather than a specific diet). How will or has or could this affected my 12 week old nursling? I didn't notice anything obvious in him, but what could it have done?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devoesgirl
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM
What symptoms are you having?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Kyla on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Which symptoms? I can't imagine anything bad coming of eating healthier, it's not like you did an actual detox.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Muscle cramps, headaches, horrible gas, and being overly tired

Quoting devoesgirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cababylon
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM
I think only good will come from you loading up of fruits & veggies... Just remember that that stuff burns faster so you may need to eat more. Also, if you've cut out animal protein DO NOT increase your calcium intake because calicium kind of feeds off of protein and that can leave you feeling lethargic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Cutting out all the sodium and crap, I talked to a few "natural" mothers who really thought it was detox

Quoting ceckyl:

Which symptoms? I can't imagine anything bad coming of eating healthier, it's not like you did an actual detox.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Kyla on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM
It sounds more like your body having withdrawal from junk. It's normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Hmmm...not that I intentionally increased calcium but I suppose I did start eating a little more and I can't get over how lethargic I had been feeling. Almost like my thyroid was totally off. I have an appt to have it checked next Friday even.

Quoting cababylon:

I think only good will come from you loading up of fruits & veggies... Just remember that that stuff burns faster so you may need to eat more. Also, if you've cut out animal protein DO NOT increase your calcium intake because calicium kind of feeds off of protein and that can leave you feeling lethargic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

you didnt force your body to detox, you are naturally detoxing due to eating healthier and your body is doing what it is suppost to be doing and getting rid of all the crap. It wont effect your milk, supply or baby. 

Now if you went on a strict detox and only eat fruits and/or veggies or something like that then ya it may have negative affects

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

Muscle cramps, headaches, horrible gas, and being overly tired

Quoting devoesgirl:

.sp4rkl3z.
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:09 PM
That's fine. I just felt a little nervous that my little might have negative side effects

Quoting ceckyl:

It sounds more like your body having withdrawal from junk. It's normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM

make sure you are getting plenty of protien and carbs from healthy foods. You body needs the good carbs for energy. 

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

Hmmm...not that I intentionally increased calcium but I suppose I did start eating a little more and I can't get over how lethargic I had been feeling. Almost like my thyroid was totally off. I have an appt to have it checked next Friday even.

Quoting cababylon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN