Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Stopped BFing in July and my Periods are still All Over the The place...Normal??

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:24 AM
  • 3 Replies

I made it to a year and stopped in the middle of July. I started my period for the first time at the beginning of July. I had my period three times that month. None in August and now twice this month. Just started again tonight. I have always had regular on the dot periods. 

I breastfed my daughter for three months and my period returned shortly after weaning and then just went back to normal, no problems at all. I am getting really worried. Why are are my periods All over the place and why am I bleeding so dang much?? is this normal? I'm not bleeding a lot, they are normal periods they just come evey two weeks or more often.

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Are you on birth control? If so, what kind? This kind of continual bleeding is a known side effect of certain methods of birth control.

beethann
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Quoting gdiamante:

Are you on birth control? If so, what kind? This kind of continual bleeding is a known side effect of certain methods of birth control.

I'm on the mini pill. I have been on it since October 2011, shortly after giving birth. 

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Wonky periods are a known side effect from the minipill. It's not common to see that start so late but I wouldn't put that outside the realm of posibility. 

Since you've weaned, I'd think about going to the full estrogen pill, which is a bit more forgiving of schedule variations if you happen to miss pill time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)