Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

can you wash Medela bag?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:28 AM
  • 5 Replies
I recently spilled a lot of BM in my Medela Instyle Advanced tote. There are no cleaning instructions for the bag itself just the parts. Has anybody taken the motor out of the bag and washed it in the washing machine? I dont want it to shrink or warp :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kelseyciarah
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I have no clue!

BUMP!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Young-and-Breastfeeding/500597166618720

Are you a young mom? Or soon to be mom? Come "like" my facebook page! A page dedicated to young mothers or mothers to be that offers : Support, Encouragement, Insight, Information, Facts, and Advice! Young moms are the least likely to breastfeed and often times do not have access to breastfeeding education, please come "like" the above link and join the conversation!

melindabelcher
by mel on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:27 AM
I've taken the motor out and thoroughly cleaned it with baby wipes. Baby wipes clean everything!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I did that with my medela pump in style bag.  It worked fine, but the stuff that was in the pocket for breastmilk storage got moved around....otherwise, it was ok.

.sp4rkl3z.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM
I didn't know you could take the motor out, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeatherNicole79
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I wouldn't put it in the washer, but you can take the motor out and spot clean it really well. I haven't spilled in my bag (yet) but i've gotten milk all over the outside. I usually just wipe it down with a baby wipe. You can also use dish soap to spot clean. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)