Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nipples leaking in pregnancy...

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:11 AM
  • 16 Replies
I know that's pretty normal but today I had a my first drop! It was clear though? I'm 21w0d today so is that normal? And does leaking mean I have a better shot at making lots of milk for my little girl?

Thanks ladies!

- Sarah -

CafeMom Tickers

by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadieJames
by Sarah on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Oh and my nipples feel different recently... Like they're coming alive! But seriously, like they're starting to open up?
mommychey
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I leaked alot during my first pregnancy and I produced milk just fine for my daughter, so from my own personal experiance I would say its normal.

SadieJames
by Sarah on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Quoting mommychey:

I leaked alot during my first pregnancy and I produced milk just fine for my daughter, so from my own personal experiance I would say its normal.

Do you remember when it started? I knew it could happen but I thought it would be later for some reason. Also my mom had my brothers at 22 weeks so I'm super nervous right now to make sure I make it past where she was... I worry that this is a sign of my girl coming early but I think that's just an irrational fear.
aimhawk
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:19 AM

From my experience with both my children it helped.

With my first it didn't happen and nursing had so many complications.

With my second I started leaking maybe around the same time as you and as soon as he was born he nursed for an hour, while we were still in the delivery room. We have just hit our 8th month, I was only able to go 2 months with my first.

SadieJames
by Sarah on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting aimhawk:

From my experience with both my children it helped.

With my first it didn't happen and nursing had so many complications.

With my second I started leaking maybe around the same time as you and as soon as he was born he nursed for an hour, while we were still in the delivery room. We have just hit our 8th month, I was only able to go 2 months with my first.

So this *might* be a good sign then! Yay!
mommychey
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Yeah everything is gonna feel diffrent .You may also experiance a change of color with your nipples to.

mommychey
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I think I was somewhere around six months pregnant

Quoting SadieJames:

Quoting mommychey:

Do you remember when it started? I knew it could happen but I thought it would be later for some reason. Also my mom had my brothers at 22 weeks so I'm super nervous right now to make sure I make it past where she was... I worry that this is a sign of my girl coming early but I think that's just an irrational fear.

mrstheriault
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:31 AM

my nipples leaked before 20 weeks. i was shocked. not enough to need pads or anything, but i had leaking. i haven't had any trouble producing milk for him, and the lactation consultant at the hospital when he was born was surprised at the amount of colostrum i had available. no oversupply either, it's been just right. and it wasn't a sign of him coming early, he came at exactly 39 weeks. hope this helps! :)

Ginnygurl97
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Thank you for posting this! I posted it in another group but didn't get much feedback. I'm 26 weeks with my 2nd boy and this didnt happen in my first pregnancy. So I got kinda freaked when I noticed it last week. My boobs have been SUPER sore too. The tingling I'm not getting. But wait til she is born! That tingling is an alarm to feed LOL. At least for me it was.

Good luck!!!! I'm sure you'll carry to term and be just fine :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Normal! Even if you didn't leak you have a great shot. Many moms never leak a drop, so nothing should be read into this.

Your best shot? Continue educating yourself. For every hour you spend working on nursery/layette/stuff baby doesn't really care about, spend THREE hours learning about the thing baby DOES care about... being fed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)