Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastfeeding Nutrition Week-Day 1: Water

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's Challenge is drink your water.

Dehydration can happen so easily especially for those of us who are breastfeeding our little ones. Making sure to drink enough each day is important. Set a goal for this week on how much water you will drink each day and stick with it.

What is your goal? What ideas do you have to reach your goal?

If you already drink a lot of water, what tips do you have for those who do not? How do you make sure you are getting enough?

drinkingOne member who signs up for our Breastfeeding Nutrition Week Challenge and replies to our daily challenge posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Replies (161-170):
EleventeenQueen
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I have a 32 ounce mug that I fill up daily and try to drink at least three of those a day. :) My tip would be to try to drink water with every meal. 

Stephanie3804
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I've been bad about not drinking enough water, but I've been trying drink more and I find it easier for me to drink by adding lemon juice to give it a little flavor.

Crystal_S
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM

My tip is to drink tap water! We have some of the cleanest water on the planet flowing abuntantly to our houses and it is sooo easy to turn on the tap and fill a glass. 

I drink lots of water - A large glass everyone couple hours. Always have a glass of water while breastfeeding (habit) and on my nighttable. I drink with every meal! Yay H20! 

catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I love water, and drink plenty of it! We drink filtered and chilled water through our fridge, and it tastes so good! One way I make sure to get enough is to fill my cup and drink it while still in front of the fridge, then to refill it and have it to sip on. I have friends who "drink water all day" but are dehydrated because they are slowly sipping on one cup or bottle of water without refilling. So I make sure to actually drain and refill my cup, several times!

StlCardsGirl
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM
I drink a lot of water every day. Try different way. Try a smaller water bottle and see how many times you can fill it up. I found that if I drink my water from a straw I drink more. Or I I drink the 16.9 bottles how many times I can use it. (I throw it away every evening) I do love ice cold water with a straw I am addicted to :D
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
h_minkus
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I have this huge cup and I try to drink 4 of them a day. I"m not sure how many ounces it is...I'll have to check. Anyway, if I don't meet my goal during the day, I will sit and just drink and drink before bed. Sometimes it makes me have to pee in the middle of the night, but I can definitely feel it if I don't drink enough. I get headaches and stuff.

I also add essential oils to my water to boost my immune system. :)

XVAmomma
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM
I have a gallon by my desk and make point to drink it while at work. Since I like cold water I fill my glass with ice and just refill with water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
back40mama
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I surely need to drink more water. That's one thing that I am lacking.

starry_dreamer
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I drink it mainly if its ice cold. I have bottles in the fridge ready to go. I'm not sure how much I drink but I feel its a ton.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sikau
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I flavor my water with cucumber.  I have a water bottle that holds 32oz so I throw some cucumber slices in the bottom and try to drink two a day.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN