Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Baby girl is making a *smack* noise while nursing.

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:47 AM
  • 11 Replies
Is this an indication she has an issue? I don't feel like nursing is going all that great because she never seems to be satisfied. I don't know what to do and I'm wondering if this could be part of the reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:51 AM
2 moms liked this

It can be indicative of a bad latch; any pain? It can also be indicative of absolutely nothing.

Never being satisfied is her job; you'll be old and gray before she's satisfied with ANYTHING you do. Delete the word "satisfied" from your vocabulary.

How are her dipes? If you're changing enough she's getting enough.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Diapers. Diapers are the only indication of supply. 1 per day the first week and 6 per day after and you know baby is getting plenty. Young babies tend to be demanding and unsatisfied no matter how you choose to feed them :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelleyLitty
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I love your replies. Great advice as well as a good laugh. :)

Quoting gdiamante:

It can be indicative of a bad latch; any pain? It can also be indicative of absolutely nothing.

Never being satisfied is her job; you'll be old and gray before she's satisfied with ANYTHING you do. Delete the word "satisfied" from your vocabulary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mel0dy
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

My DD made that sound while nursing as well, she always went right to town and ate really loud LOL Do you think she has a good latch? My DD nursed ALL the time and I'm not even kidding, like some days I felt like she was on my boob pretty much all day long LOL 

jeslc03
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Her dipes are perfect!

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeslc03
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Thank you! Makes me feel better!

Quoting Mel0dy:

My DD made that sound while nursing as well, she always went right to town and ate really loud LOL Do you think she has a good latch? My DD nursed ALL the time and I'm not even kidding, like some days I felt like she was on my boob pretty much all day long LOL 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this

My son smacks all of the time. He eats like a pro though and goes through diapers like nobodies business. I think hes just a loud eater since I dont have pain and he wets and dirties so many diapers. Lol, hopefully thats your case too!

Kellileanne
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Claire does it alot too, and I know she is getting enough.  No pain either so I know it is just how she eats.

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:43 PM
How old is she?

What is her weight gain history?

How many times is she nursing in 24 hrs?

How long does each feeding usually last?

Sore or damaged nipples?

Has baby been checked for tongue tie?
jeslc03
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:40 AM
5 weeks,
7.3 at birth, 6.11 3 days after birth, 7.13 3 weeks after birth.
She pretty much nurses.when she wants.for however long she wants. But it is at least every 3 hrs, and nurses for at least 20 min, and will sometimes take both side and nurse much longer.
My nipples are slightly tender, but it doesn't hurt when she latches or while she is nursing. Mostly after.I.pump.
She has not been checked for a tie.
She has heavy dipes every 2 hours at least.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

How old is she?

What is her weight gain history?

How many times is she nursing in 24 hrs?

How long does each feeding usually last?

Sore or damaged nipples?

Has baby been checked for tongue tie?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)