Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to vent....Help!

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:51 PM
  • 24 Replies
Dh says he's glad I intend to breastfeed longer with our 3rd ds who is 2 months old, but loves to point out our last ds slept longer & better at night while on formula. I only went 6 Weeks with him before the formula. Then I see women talking about practically being attached by nipple to the baby for a year or more. And I've heard some say how hard it was to wean, especially at night. I just feel overwhelmed. It's hard to nurse a majority of the day & try to get things done & take care of & play with my other 2 boys. I'm starting to think formula would be easier, even though I really want to keep going for his benefit. It's just even now, I change him, cuddle, nurse, burp & 30 minutes later if I'm lucky, he's fussy again till I pick him up. Same thing at night. I'm a sahm & have no idea how working moms do it! I hate to admit it, but I'm almost leaning toward formula, at least then dh could feed him at times. :( Any one have anything helpful to say without bashing? I feel I'm at the end of my rope :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:53 PM
I feel the same sometimes. I am just so tired and the nursing all night is killing me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCorky
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM
It takes a lot of work (in my experience) to keep going. I work 45 hours a week and Ebf my kids. Dd1 never had formula and dd2 is 7 months and going strong. It does get frustrating but he will start sleeping longer soon and Wong be nursing as often. You can do it mama. It's not only good for him but for you as we'll :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCorky
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:55 PM
You could always pump and have dh feed him as well. It's not all on you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autumn_sunset
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Glad to know I'm not alone!

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I feel the same sometimes. I am just so tired and the nursing all night is killing me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autumn_sunset
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Wow, you are amazing! And because you can't tell tone over the internet, I'm being totally serious.

Quoting MrsCorky:

It takes a lot of work (in my experience) to keep going. I work 45 hours a week and Ebf my kids. Dd1 never had formula and dd2 is 7 months and going strong. It does get frustrating but he will start sleeping longer soon and Wong be nursing as often. You can do it mama. It's not only good for him but for you as we'll :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autumn_sunset
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:00 PM
I've had oversupply issues & am afraid pumping could bring those issues back up. I only pumped in the early days.

Quoting MrsCorky:

You could always pump and have dh feed him as well. It's not all on you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucaslexie
by Hollie on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Ok I have been in the same boat.  I am a full time working mom. At home and on the weekends we bf.  Of course I have to pump at work and she gets very few bottles while Im away. I feel like all I do is pump, work and nurse her lol. In the beginning I went through a phase where I wanted to switch her to formula but I decided to stick with it.  I am SO glad that I did. Yes formula sounds easier but if you dont bottle feed just think if you put your baby on formula you are going to have all those bottles to wash.  Yours is ready now! My DD is 2 months now and there are nights where I feel like all I do is nurse but it is well worth it in the end.  GL just be sure you are happy with your decision and that no one tries to persuade you. If you decide that is whats best for you and your family go for it!

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I think it just takes time to adjust.   When you're not used to nursing and you treat every session like a big production, I can see how it may seem overwhelming... when you get more comfortable and are able to squeeze nursing the baby into your everyday life, it becomes second nature... something you don't really even have to think about.

Sleeping is also something that is individual to the child.   I've had all-night nursers and sleeping 8 hours by 3 months... all exclusively breastfed.   The nice thing about nursing when you have a frequent waker is that you don't have to get out of bed to do it!   :)

Hang in there, it gets easier with time... don't focus on it, don't count the number of sessions or hours between.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
autumn_sunset
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Thanks!

Quoting lucaslexie:

Ok I have been in the same boat.  I am a full time working mom. At home and on the weekends we bf.  Of course I have to pump at work and she gets very few bottles while Im away. I feel like all I do is pump, work and nurse her lol. In the beginning I went through a phase where I wanted to switch her to formula but I decided to stick with it.  I am SO glad that I did. Yes formula sounds easier but if you dont bottle feed just think if you put your baby on formula you are going to have all those bottles to wash.  Yours is ready now! My DD is 2 months now and there are nights where I feel like all I do is nurse but it is well worth it in the end.  GL just be sure you are happy with your decision and that no one tries to persuade you. If you decide that is whats best for you and your family go for it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autumn_sunset
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Thank you! I really need to stop watching the clock. I'm usually counting how much time I have left before the next feeding to get things done.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

I think it just takes time to adjust.   When you're not used to nursing and you treat every session like a big production, I can see how it may seem overwhelming... when you get more comfortable and are able to squeeze nursing the baby into your everyday life, it becomes second nature... something you don't really even have to think about.

Sleeping is also something that is individual to the child.   I've had all-night nursers and sleeping 8 hours by 3 months... all exclusively breastfed.   The nice thing about nursing when you have a frequent waker is that you don't have to get out of bed to do it!   :)

Hang in there, it gets easier with time... don't focus on it, don't count the number of sessions or hours between.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)