Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My lil man will be 4 months on Monday and my milk seems to be decreasing ALOT!! I'm a single mom and have to work so I need to pump and my pumping supply is like gone I literally don't have enough to make it a few more days! I'm already taking fenugreek and have tried oatmeal I don't think either are helping. My goal was a year and I want to cry thinking about not nursing him anymore.help ladies please!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Replies (21-22):
RadnRem
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:36 PM
These ladies are exactly right. No more than three ounces in a bottle every 2-3 hrs.
I know it sounds like so like little...but thats compared to ff babies. And bf babies that are being overfed.....and running the risk of a damaged nursing relationship.

My son its 5 months old and ebf. He only gets two 3 oz, two 2.5oz, and one 2 oz bottle while I'm at work. And I'm gone for 11-12 hrs. Trust me...he is faaaar from starving. He's the size of a 9-12 month old, lol
Cut him down to smaller bottles slowly so his belly has time to adjust from being stretched out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RadnRem
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
I should add.....those 5 bottles they I leave rarely even get finished. He either only eats a portion of the bottles or only eats about 3 of the 5 bottles.
He has learned that bottles are low supply and mommas an all you can eat buffet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)