Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I think I'm ready to quit... :/

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:26 PM
  • 42 Replies
Ds is 6 months. Barely. I finally went to the dr and got 10 days worth of meds to kill thrush, after battling it for months. Its far far worse on one side, on that side I cant squeeze anything out by hand 3 hours after ds ate. The pain is better but its not gone yet. In the past when I took fenugreek it made me very very ill as did mothers milk tea.it works but it makes me throw up and get very tired/dizzy. I feel like a bad mom but I really dont think I can handle the fight much longer :( /vent
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Hang in there sweetheart. Just think what y would do if no formula was available.
poor thing.it does get better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom24munchkins
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:41 PM
I'm trying...but he almost wont nurse the left side at all. I dont feel let down there at all and I normally get streams AFTER a feeding now I barely get a drop before he nurses on that side :/

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Hang in there sweetheart. Just think what y would do if no formula was available.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Youve been around long enough to know how much you pump/hand express means nothing and feeling letdown means nothing even if you did before :)
Sorry it's still painful mama :( did you give GV a try? Did they give you oral meds?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:16 PM

How's the right side? It's entirely possible to only nurse one side through your whole nursing career. It's an option.

Mom24munchkins
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM
I've tried gv more times than I care to remember. I'm on diflucan now. Its better but not gone. I know pump output means nothing, but I KNOW my supply (on that side) has suffered a huge hit. I've made myself let him nurse on it but I couldnt stand a full feeding over there. I went 9 hours last night without nursing on that side and wasnt even close to engorged. The other side I went 4 hours and was dying for him to latch on lol. That side feels much smaller too, which I realize can mean nothing. But all things considered I know my supply has dipped over there.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Youve been around long enough to know how much you pump/hand express means nothing and feeling letdown means nothing even if you did before :)
Sorry it's still painful mama :( did you give GV a try? Did they give you oral meds?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom24munchkins
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:23 PM
The right side is fine. It hurt for a bit but the pain is nearly gone. I typically single side feed but if I try to put him back on the same breast he is obviously not full after he empties that side. Last feeding I made him suck (very unwillingly!) on the good side for about 10 minutes after he was ready to stop, then I topped him off with some frozen milk.

Quoting gdiamante:

How's the right side? It's entirely possible to only nurse one side through your whole nursing career. It's an option.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom24munchkins
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I weighed him then fed him then weighed him. He gained less than half an ounce :( eta: he gained 1.5 ounces after nursing on BOTH sides. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM
My left gets 3oz when i pump....my right 1oz if I'm lucky...my lo prefers the left. You can nurse with one.....pump the other.
Quoting Mom24munchkins:

I'm trying...but he almost wont nurse the left side at all. I dont feel let down there at all and I normally get streams AFTER a feeding now I barely get a drop before he nurses on that side :/

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Weigh-feed-weigh is only accurate when done over the course of 24hrs because baby will take in different amounts during each feed. So he "only" took in 1.5oz that one feed, he could have easily taken 4oz the next feed. I wouldn't start messing with weighing him, it will drive you crazy mama. If his diapers are good, he's getting plenty.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

I weighed him then fed him then weighed him. He gained less than half an ounce :( eta: he gained 1.5 ounces after nursing on BOTH sides. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom24munchkins
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Considering that he has lost weight in the last 3 weeks, I feel much less crazy weighing him. I do understand what you mean. Just not really sure what to do right now :/

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Weigh-feed-weigh is only accurate when done over the course of 24hrs because baby will take in different amounts during each feed. So he "only" took in 1.5oz that one feed, he could have easily taken 4oz the next feed. I wouldn't start messing with weighing him, it will drive you crazy mama. If his diapers are good, he's getting plenty.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN