Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I think I'm ready to quit... :/

Ds is 6 months. Barely. I finally went to the dr and got 10 days worth of meds to kill thrush, after battling it for months. Its far far worse on one side, on that side I cant squeeze anything out by hand 3 hours after ds ate. The pain is better but its not gone yet. In the past when I took fenugreek it made me very very ill as did mothers milk tea.it works but it makes me throw up and get very tired/dizzy. I feel like a bad mom but I really dont think I can handle the fight much longer :( /vent
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Replies (41-42):
RadnRem
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM
If you are having vasospasms/blanching, take a cloth breast pad, warm it up in the microwave until its warm, then place it in your bra against your breast. This helps me a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM
For. 6 month old you want to see at least 4 diapers with at least 4 tbs liquid in 24 hrs. More counts as 2, poopy counts as 2. With dividing the number you washed by the number if days waited, he is hitting the minimums via kellymom.com.

I'd cut out all the bottles, and do the nursing vacation.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

For him the diapers are awful :/ thats what worries me. What should he be getting a day diaper wise?

Quoting gdiamante:

The dipes are what you have to pay attention to. Nothing else, just the dipes.

That count is about 4.6 dipes per day, on average. Not too far off what I'd like to see, actually. You're doing better than you realize. I'd do a nursing vacation. Pop some videos in the DVD player for the other kids and have a "stay at home" party; you just nurse, they just watch. Or if the older kids are in school then spend the day doing nothing but nurse while they're gone; you have no other duties for the day.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

I washed saturday and right now I have 14 dirty diapers. I just put them in the washer so I counted as I went. (sidenote: ewww why did I wait so long to wash?!?!) the only time he has fully soaked a diaper like he would have a month or two ago is when I've given him a bottle. And 2 to 4 ounces and he is done. I attempted to ignore how many diapers we were actually using :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)