Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I think I'm ready to quit... :/

Ds is 6 months. Barely. I finally went to the dr and got 10 days worth of meds to kill thrush, after battling it for months. Its far far worse on one side, on that side I cant squeeze anything out by hand 3 hours after ds ate. The pain is better but its not gone yet. In the past when I took fenugreek it made me very very ill as did mothers milk tea.it works but it makes me throw up and get very tired/dizzy. I feel like a bad mom but I really dont think I can handle the fight much longer :( /vent
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:06 PM
yeast can be stubborn. If you want to get rid of it fast you have to out stubborn it! I would be very diligent in washing your nipple with vinegar and then drying it. Take probiotics yourself and give some mixed with breastmilk inside your babys mouth. I would also take all sugar and bread out of your diet for a while.....yeast grows on sugar. Also what helps soooo much for us was a pill called candex. Its perfectly safe to take while nursing or pregnant....even safe to give baby. It kills yeast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
btw....I wanted to agree with the others....you sound like a great mama!
I know its hard to think positively but challenges are what make us strong and help us grow.....many unseen treasures your way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:26 PM
The bottles are what will kill your supply. You are never empty. If he's still hungry after nursing, put him back to the breast. If he's fussing and not settling down, it is probably because he doesn't want to work at the breast for more food and the bottle is easier. Plus, the amounts you're giving after nursing is probably stretching his stomach and giving him an extra full feeling that he doesn't get at the breast and thinks he needs.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

I should add too, he has been getting 4 to 6 ounces of pumped freezer stash or formula. When he was obviously not full after a feeding and couldnt settle down I'd give him 1 to 2 ounces.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

This. It seems like the original problem was just imagined, and then created and increased by the bottles.

Quoting aehanrahan:

The bottles are what will kill your supply. You are never empty. If he's still hungry after nursing, put him back to the breast. If he's fussing and not settling down, it is probably because he doesn't want to work at the breast for more food and the bottle is easier. Plus, the amounts you're giving after nursing is probably stretching his stomach and giving him an extra full feeling that he doesn't get at the breast and thinks he needs.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

I should add too, he has been getting 4 to 6 ounces of pumped freezer stash or formula. When he was obviously not full after a feeding and couldnt settle down I'd give him 1 to 2 ounces.

Mom24munchkins
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Actually the original problem was yeast. I didnt imagine enough pain in my breast to make me sob. I gave with 3 times with zero pains meds and never cried, this made/makes me sob. I can only handle it for so long. I know it affected my supply. Did anyone pay any attention to the fact that he LOST weight? Or his diapers are obviously down? Nope, You just poke at the fact that I used a super slow flow bottle. I cant deal with him going hungry when I cant stand to endure the pain any longer. Think its "imagined" all you'd like but it felt/feels like a baby panther is latching on lol.

Quoting MonicaV1982:

This. It seems like the original problem was just imagined, and then created and increased by the bottles.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom24munchkins
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I just thought about my reply, I dont intend to be snarky or rude in the least. I've tried so hard to bf. I've done it before and I believe in it 100%, i'm just not sure I can do it anymore :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
What is his weight history? Birth, lowest, and any others. Have they all been taken on the same scale? Weights taken on different scales are to be ignored. Was he sick? Being sick can cause loss.
I still stand by what I said about your supply and giving bottles.
Have you looked into Renaud's syndrome? It can be mistaken for thrush.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I understand that you started the bottles because of the yeast infection. :) I was referring to the supply issue only. Not the reason you started bottles. I get where you're coming from. When DD was first born her latch was so bad I cried from the pain. I could only handle a few minutes. I was just too stubborn to quit.

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Actually the original problem was yeast. I didnt imagine enough pain in my breast to make me sob. I gave with 3 times with zero pains meds and never cried, this made/makes me sob. I can only handle it for so long. I know it affected my supply. Did anyone pay any attention to the fact that he LOST weight? Or his diapers are obviously down? Nope, You just poke at the fact that I used a super slow flow bottle. I cant deal with him going hungry when I cant stand to endure the pain any longer. Think its "imagined" all you'd like but it felt/feels like a baby panther is latching on lol.

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

MonicaV1982
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this

BTW, have you sanitized EVERYTHING that touches your baby's mouth?

justone_jen
by Jen on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Hugs, mama. You are in no way, shape, or form a bad mother. I'm with TTC- stick it out and see how you feel when the meds are finished. I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm sure it's really hard, both emotionally and physically.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)