Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How do I get baby to stop?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

He will latch and a sec later unlatch and start flicking my nipple over and over with his finger then latch on again and unlatch flicking my nipple again..He's been doing this for a few weeks now..At first I thought it was funny..Now it's just annoying..I tell him no he laughs.. I put him down. Later I pick him up and try to nurse him again and then he just repeats the above..And can you tell me why he does this? Is this just what some or all babies do? He will be 8 months old on Saturday..

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Autumn355
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmao, sorry, that does seem very annoying but for some reason hit my funnybone!! My son is only 3 mo and does the popping on and off thing but I think its either teething related or OAL. Sorry im no help7
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Mine sometimes bends my nipple back and says "oh" then shoves it in his mouth. Haha. It's so funny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this
You stop any unwanted behavior by teaching nursing manners. Stop the feeding and be consistent about it. He will learn that the flicking = no nursing. Do not give him anything else until he nurses nicely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quoting aehanrahan:

You stop any unwanted behavior by teaching nursing manners. Stop the feeding and be consistent about it. He will learn that the flicking = no nursing. Do not give him anything else until he nurses nicely.

Exactly this. And... no solids till he's nursed nicely. Babies who get solids first aren't hungry and screw around instad of getting down to business. When they get nothing till they've nursed nicely, they nurse nicely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN