Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

considering night weaning....

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM
  • 7 Replies

I 'm just so tired of nursing my 2 yr old at night :(  I hae contemplated several times about night weaning, but maybe I'm just stubborn. This is the first time nursing a toddler without the adversions of being pregnant, so I really want to continue and enjoy it! However he has way too many moments of wanting to nurse all night and keeping me away. He sleep nurses, and gets angry when I unlatch him. Finally last night I had had enough so I rolled over with my back facing him and covered my boobs and he eventually fell back asleep, not much fussing. So, I don't know.....do you think I'm being stubborn in continuing to nurse at night, or do you think we are just going through a rough spot and he will slow down with the nursing at night.....and hopefully one of these days sleep through the night? If I do night wean, I won't start until maybe next month. We are having our house pained in a few weeks, which means we will be staying either with my inlaws or a combination of there and with my sister. Any opinions and suggestions are welcomed!

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Quoting maggiemom2000:

I recommend this: http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

yes, I used that with my first two, and they adjusted pretty well.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Everything with a baby is just a phase, one to the next. If you want to night wean, do so. If you dont really want to, or if you're ambivalent, don't for now.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

Everything with a baby is just a phase, one to the next. If you want to night wean, do so. If you dont really want to, or if you're ambivalent, don't for now.

I think I really need to think about it.  I think part of whats stopping me is that he may be my last child. Its really hard to let go, but its really hard to nurse all night! lol What to do? :)

K8wizzo
by Kate on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Continue to nurse during the day but not throughout the night. :)  We're 10 months past nightweaning and still nursing 2-4 times a day at 30 months old.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting gdiamante:

I think I really need to think about it.  I think part of whats stopping me is that he may be my last child. Its really hard to let go, but its really hard to nurse all night! lol What to do? :)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Never hold on to something just because it's your last child. That's not a reason to do anything.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

Never hold on to something just because it's your last child. That's not a reason to do anything.

you're right! Not good for them not good for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)