Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

would this effect my milk

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM
  • 11 Replies
A few hours ago I made some muffins and had some tastes of the batter (bad I know)... Well dd (7weeks) just threw up everywhere, and she's not sick. Never happened before, so I'm wondering is it bc of the batter? Would that really effect my milk, or just effect me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM

no it shouldnt effect it.  its prob just coincidence. 

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM

No. If it was a problem with raw eggs YOU would be puking, not baby. It would not effect your milk.

Gruntlings
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM

If she's sensitive to something in the batter it could impact her.

But if it was something "bad" in the batter (bacteria) it would just effect you not her. Bacteria doesn't pass from your belly thru your milk that way.

Are you sure she didn't just swallow a lot of air and then spit up?

-Sarah
---------------------------------------------------------
Sarah is a mom to three and a moderator in the "Breastfeeding Moms" group. She runs Nurshable.com where she blogs about finding joy in gentle parenting.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:55 PM

what she said

Quoting Gruntlings:

But if it was something "bad" in the batter (bacteria) it would just effect you not her. Bacteria doesn't pass from your belly thru your milk that way.

brittney822
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I think that must be what happened. I have a very strong let-down, so I've seen a little spit up here and there when I burp her, I guess just seeing how much she threw up really worried me!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

what she said

Quoting Gruntlings:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM
It was most likely just the overactive letdown. Do you nurse in a reclined position?

Quoting brittney822:

I think that must be what happened. I have a very strong let-down, so I've seen a little spit up here and there when I burp her, I guess just seeing how much she threw up really worried me!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

what she said

Quoting Gruntlings:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittney822
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Almost always.. I never thought about it actually till you just asked, and my poor baby! No wonder she downed soo much air!

Quoting aehanrahan:

It was most likely just the overactive letdown. Do you nurse in a reclined position?

Quoting brittney822:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

what she said

Quoting Gruntlings:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJones23
by Meghan on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I've eaten bites of cookie dough here & there while BFing and it didn't affect my daughter in the slightest. The others are right - if the batter contained bacteria of some sort, you'd be the first & only one running to the bathroom!

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Are you nursing on both sides each feeding or one? Block feeding might be needed if you're not already doing it. If you are, you might need to increase the blocks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittney822
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I nurse on one side each time, I already over produce, so I know I can't give her both sides in one feeding, or else she is guarenteed to spit up

Quoting aehanrahan:

Are you nursing on both sides each feeding or one? Block feeding might be needed if you're not already doing it. If you are, you might need to increase the blocks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)